Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lukaku is pushing for a move now there is absolutely zero chance of him staying for another TWO years just to prove a point

My point is that many suggest that keep him a year and then sell him. People keep talking about Everton being in this wonderful position my point is that in 12 months time it's a whole different ball game.

I agree he isn't going to hang around for another two seasons I personally doubt he will be around in another 6 weeks but I find it strange that so many believe Everton are in an almost unassailable position for whilst RL is no doubt worth a fortune if interested clubs , and there don't appear to be many, feel that the worth is say £60 million and therefore won't match the valuation what then?

My point is that many suggest that keep him a year and then sell him. People keep talking about Everton being in this wonderful position my point is that in 12 months time it's a whole different ball game.

I agree he isn't going to hang around for another two seasons I personally doubt he will be around in another 6 weeks but I find it strange that so many believe Everton are in an almost unassailable position for whilst RL is no doubt worth a fortune if interested clubs , and there don't appear to be many, feel that the worth is say £60 million and therefore won't match the valuation what then?

Then we keep the player and they can go spend 60m on players like moratta whose never kicked a ball in this league and who'll score 10 less.

Is anyone else getting tired of this story? I don't think in my lifetime I've ever seen such a good player at the club, have so little rapport with the crowd. Everton fans have idolised their No.9s in the past and I know Rom was given the no. 10, but he plays like a number 9.
I just find it sad that such a good player for the club has never really had the rapport and love of the crowd. Maybe you can put it down to the 'modern day footballer' but I think the truth lies somewhat closer to the fact that Rom has only ever seen Everton as a 'stepping stone' in his career, almost from the moment he signed for us. The 'once Everton has touched you, nothing will be the same' has never really applied to Rom, sad but true. As he has been our best striker we've had since the 1980s.

Is anyone else getting tired of this story? I don't think in my lifetime I've ever seen such a good player at the club, have so little rapport with the crowd. Everton fans have idolised their No.9s in the past and I know Rom was given the no. 10, but he plays like a number 9.
I just find it sad that such a good player for the club has never really had the rapport and love of the crowd. Maybe you can put it down to the 'modern day footballer' but I think the truth lies somewhat closer to the fact that Rom has only ever seen Everton as a 'stepping stone' in his career, almost from the moment he signed for us. The 'once Everton has touched you, nothing will be the same' has never really applied to Rom, sad but true. As he has been our best striker we've had since the 1980s.

He has said from the off he wants to be the best and play in the champions league and win trophies.

We need more of his elk in our team.

He has said from the off he wants to be the best and play in the champions league and win trophies.

We need more of his elk in our team.
I've nothing wrong with him or any player having ambition, maybe it's just the way he's gone about 'showing his ambition' (his comments at virtually every international break) that has affected his relationship with the supporters and frankly shown a lack of respect to the club and it's fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back