Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember last year the amount of crap Rom got in here and me constantly explaining how good he is but we were just using him poorly. Take that ya beauts!

ROM ROM ROM ROM ROM ROM ROM

I remember last year the amount of crap Rom got in here and me constantly explaining how good he is but we were just using him poorly. Take that ya beauts!

ROM ROM ROM ROM ROM ROM ROM

Sorry, that still doesn't wash for me. Yes, we weren't playing him right, but he wasn't doing well enough at what he was being asked to do.

This season, he's actually doing the job he was asked to do last season - holding the ball up and being part of the attacking unit in and out of possession, instead of doing nothing for 85 minutes every game and poking one in to disguise how bad he was.

He was crap last season in general play, and this season he's been a monster. Simple as that.

Sorry, that still doesn't wash for me. Yes, we weren't playing him right, but he wasn't doing well enough at what he was being asked to do.

This season, he's actually doing the job he was asked to do last season - holding the ball up and being part of the attacking unit in and out of possession, instead of doing nothing for 85 minutes every game and poking one in to disguise how bad he was.

He was crap last season in general play, and this season he's been a monster. Simple as that.

The main reason he was so bad last year (Hold up play) etc is because of our lack of movement and support around him. Zlatan would have struggled having 2 cbs permanently on his shoulder and two dms permananently on his toes as a telegraphed ball came into his feet

Never got the ball sent to his feet. Barkley had more than one opportunity to try to play him through and held onto the ball too long.

Kev had a good game, but generally isn't looking to set up Rom. As soon as Del came on, Rom got his first chance.

As unpopular as it is, Kone is a better player to play with Rom than Kev.

Never got the ball sent to his feet. Barkley had more than one opportunity to try to play him through and held onto the ball too long.

Kev had a good game, but generally isn't looking to set up Rom. As soon as Del came on, Rom got his first chance.

As unpopular as it is, Kone is a better player to play with Rom than Kev.
Aye although today thought Rom looked tired, was barely moving towards the end.

Could be his injury or just accumulated fatigue, he's played a lot of minutes this season.

I'd say we should give him a rest or at least sub him off early next game, like... He has gotten a lot (too much in fact, imo) minutes this season, and it's gonna accumulate even more now with some more cup games against tough opposition etc.

Aye although today thought Rom looked tired, was barely moving towards the end.

Could be his injury or just accumulated fatigue, he's played a lot of minutes this season.

Well the manager has had all January to bring another forward in to lighten the load but apparently thinks having only 1 reliable striker is fine. Why spend £4 mil on Byram when we could have put it on Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back