Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking objectively, I think it will be incredibly difficult for us to keep him in the summer as I am sure a fair few clubs will show their interest.

Yes we can talk about who can afford him, however if he decides (if he already hasn't) that he wants to leave then we'll have less control on price.

Put simply Rom is a top, top player and if he was not an Everton player but at a club of a similar stature, we'd probably expect him to leave.

I'd love him to stay and we should do everything possible to try to retain him. Unfortunately though, he can't currently offer him success...

... I think only a dramatic change in form and a possible change of manager will change that. For all the goals he scores, we still concede more.

Never a Barca player in a million years imo
Agreed, especially with their current front line scoring like they were playing cricket it is almost certain that he wouldn't end up there.

I could however certainly see him at Real, PSG, Bayern and Juventus where with their talented squads he would probably score for fun.

Yes there's talk about potentially affording him, but if their own talented start move on (Bob the Pole, Pogba etc) then they'll have money.

Looks like Kane will get golden boot at this rate. Shame for Lukaku that as had we been top 6 he would surely have bagged a good few more.

Need to get him tied down on a monster contract £130k+ a week.

If he did leave (and I'm expecting it) then we need to get £60-70 million and for me get Bony and Benteke in. Both 15-20 a season goalscorers who have something to prove and need to be playing week in week out. Would also be boss if Benteke lit the league up with us and put the kopites to the sword ala Tevez when he went to City from Utd.

If he did leave (and I'm expecting it) then we need to get £60-70 million and for me get Bony and Benteke in. Both 15-20 a season goalscorers who have something to prove and need to be playing week in week out. Would also be boss if Benteke lit the league up with us and put the kopites to the sword ala Tevez when he went to City from Utd.

If we spent the Lukaku cash on these two I'd be ver Dissapointed, just seen Bony playing for City and he was in the way more than anything else, he's a £10m player at best.

I reckon Niasse was and is the long term Lukaku replacement.

If we spent the Lukaku cash on these two I'd be ver Dissapointed, just seen Bony playing for City and he was in the way more than anything else, he's a £10m player at best.

I reckon Niasse was and is the long term Lukaku replacement.

I would more so be disappointed if we replaced one of the best strikers in the world for a half fit unknown from the Russian league. Both Bony and Benteke had fantastic scoring records for Swansea and Villa but have been halted at City and the Kopites either stuck on the bench or played in a system that doesn't suit.

We also have to realise that unless we are in the CL we are not going to get anyone near better than those 2, Man Utd one of the biggest clubs in the world have a bloody 18 year old academy kid as their main forward right now.

Yea we can afford 130K/week I don't think that's a problem. Thing is PSG/Man United can offer almost twice that.

Bony is very good (not 30M good but eh 20 sure). Assuming we keep Martinez he knows the system and plays well in it.

The RS wouldn't sell Benteke to us. Plus he's more of a Big Sam type of striker, physical, dangerous on hoofs/route one play.

Yea we can afford 130K/week I don't think that's a problem. Thing is PSG/Man United can offer almost twice that.

Bony is very good (not 30M good but eh 20 sure). Assuming we keep Martinez he knows the system and plays well in it.

The RS wouldn't sell Benteke to us. Plus he's more of a Big Sam type of striker, physical, dangerous on hoofs/route one play.
Would love to get Iheanacho from City but not a chance unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back