Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, the lad is contracted - just like Stones was.

We do not have to sell under any circumstances and we can inject new talent into the squad around Rom.

He would be foolish to not give us another year, he knows we have the talent and new ownership to climb to the Top 4.

Let's not forget we still have an FA cup to win.

The only saving grace is that there is no obvious team for Lukaku to move onto particularly if he wishes to stay in the Premier League.

I'm not surprised Moshiri has not talked to him or his agent, from a negotiating point of view that would be a very weak starting point.

The focus has to be on the strongest possible finish to the season, 7 or 8 league wins from our remaining games as a minimum, and at least an FA Cup Final appearance.

Then Moshiri can sit down and lay out his plans for the summer and next season.

I do believe if we have a strong finish to the season we stand every chance of keeping him for reasons I expressed earlier in the thread - yes Lukaku wants CL experience but he'd have to trade a huge amount in leaving Everton to perhaps getting one extra year. We must convince him that we will qualify next year. That onus sits with Martinez.
I don't see that anyone except for Real or PSG could afford him. And only United in our league. Would Real or PSG want him though? My only worry is United tbh. Possibly City... lol

I think the Euro2016 tournament holds the key. If he's a star of the tournament he's not going to go back to life with us - regardless of just about anything. He craves CL football and he'd have an avalanche of offers from top European clubs. It'll be a struggle to retain him in any case, but if he has a good Euros he's almost certainly gone.

I think the total opposite. Cannot see one reason why Moshiri would sanction his transfer in his first window at the club.

Would be stunned if he goes, or if he does you're talking £80m+.

I think the Euro2016 tournament holds the key. If he's a star of the tournament he's not going to go back to life with us - regardless of just about anything. He craves CL football and he'd have an avalanche of offers from top European clubs. It'll be a struggle to retain him in any case, but if he has a good Euros he's almost certainly gone.
Only 2 teams outside the premier league can afford him...

image.webp
My son said go get an a goal Rom fair play he got 2
image.webp

I think the total opposite. Cannot see one reason why Moshiri would sanction his transfer in his first window at the club.

Would be stunned if he goes, or if he does you're talking £80m+.
..someone will pay it.

I'd also caution you on Moshiri and his ambitions. We know precisely sweet f.a. about this feller yet. Words are cheap. Let's see the colour of his money. Personally, I dont think we'll see a massive net spend. We'll spend big, yes. But only because we have to in order to replace Stones and/or Lukaku.

Lukaku is seen as an Ibrahamovic, Cavani, Falcao all around Europe except he is 22. We will get at least £65m so even if he leaves we will have an opportunity to make an assault on the transfer market. His agent will be trying to convince 'top' clubs he is worth such a fee, and he certainly is. I just hope we don't try to replace him with Bony.

PSG, Bayern, Madrid, Barca makes 4.

You could maybe add Juventus to that list when they lose Pogba this summer.

We are all ruling Arsenal out but they are super-rich and Wenger's comments about being interested before Lukaku went to Chelsea are noteworthy...

Lukaku is seen as an Ibrahamovic, Cavani, Falcao all around Europe except he is 22. We will get at least £65m so even if he leaves we will have an opportunity to make an assault on the transfer market. His agent will be trying to convince 'top' clubs he is worth such a fee, and he certainly is. I just hope we don't try to replace him with Bony.

We are all ruling Arsenal out but they are super-rich and Wenger's comments about being interested before Lukaku went to Chelsea are noteworthy...
Wengers pretty tight though cant see him going as high as what other clubs might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back