Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell your source the days of vying for mid table mediocrity at Everton are over please.
two experienced pros, would not be bad, losing Lukaku to United would be very disappointing,
I think its a case not weather he go's but where and what compensation we receive.

Wayne plus Carrick plus X million equals Rom to Man Utd.

I really can't see this mate. The negotiation process for Lukaku is going to be complex, withholds of teams involved. Likewise there will be no shortage of takers for Carrick (who is out of contract). Finally any Rooney deal would be a major headache due to his wages. I imagine any fee United could command will be written off in exchange for Wayne cancelling his contract and given to him as a loyalty bonus. 3 deals with such complexity I simply can't see working in 1 package.

The sort of deal I can imagine would be something like Lukaku 1 way and a combination of Rashford/Lingard/Depay coming here on loan for a season or possibly a permanent. I have thought for a while Lingard and Rashford have Martinez loan signings written all over them!

If United had any sense they would look to move Depay to us having seen the work Martinez has done with Barkley/Deulofeu. He knows how to improve flair players and delay would fit right in and improve his consistency.

This agent is the one people should be looking at.

He's all over the media commenting. Probably as the EUROs are coming up.

I pay no attention to it. Having seen all this nonsense before.

Moshiri has gone on record on his views on such matters. Plus if he does go it will be for an enormous fee. Or he won't be sold. Simple.

@davek

His agent should also remember that Champions League is now small fry to bread-and-butter Premier League.

Small fry!

I should qualify this by saying we should move heaven and earth to keep Lukaku. He is bordering on world class already and if he isn't yet he will be soon. I think within 2 years he'll be the best striker in the world.

However if he is convinced he wants to go we should be looking for upwards of 60 million for him. No striker has his consistent scoring record in the league over the last 4 years (barring Aguero, and what price would he be if fully fit and 22?). You are buying a guy who will guarantee you 15 goals a season playing for sides who 3 out of 4 seasons will be in the bottom half.

The only silver linings we can get from it, is that Lukaku was fantastic when we signed him, but we have also developed him. We will need to develop a ready made replacement. We also create a lot of chances for our strikers and I don;t think there will be a shortage wanting to play for an attacking Everton side.

I have felt since we signed him that while he is world class, he doesn't fit out style effectively.Under Martinez we need a striker who links play, good first touch and will come short. Rom can do this but it isn't his strong suit. We have always been left between playing to Lukaku's strengths and developing a team to suit Martinez's/the teams strengths.

With 60+ million we can go and get some serious replacements in. I really like the guy Malik at Ajax and signing him alongside a Lacazette would be a dream come true while punting Kone. Thats the kind of ambition we need to show in replacing these players. Failing Lacazette (or perhaps instead of Malik if we get him) Embolo would be another fantastic signing.

At times this season Rom has looked like he wanted away. In the end if the right bid comes in and he wants away then sometimes you have to let go and look to re-invest prudently.

I really can't see this mate. The negotiation process for Lukaku is going to be complex, withholds of teams involved. Likewise there will be no shortage of takers for Carrick (who is out of contract). Finally any Rooney deal would be a major headache due to his wages. I imagine any fee United could command will be written off in exchange for Wayne cancelling his contract and given to him as a loyalty bonus. 3 deals with such complexity I simply can't see working in 1 package.

The sort of deal I can imagine would be something like Lukaku 1 way and a combination of Rashford/Lingard/Depay coming here on loan for a season or possibly a permanent. I have thought for a while Lingard and Rashford have Martinez loan signings written all over them!

If United had any sense they would look to move Depay to us having seen the work Martinez has done with Barkley/Deulofeu. He knows how to improve flair players and delay would fit right in and improve his consistency.

I wonder if our days of loan deals are nearly over, at least with domestic clubs.
It was a concept which started because of the shortage of funds and has worked well for us, but in general we only loaned players where there was a chance of a permanent deal.
This summer we may sell Lukaku and possibly Stones as well if they absolutely insist on going and that would create a transfer fund of about 100m without the club adding anything extra.
It would not surprise me to see Stones or Lukaku or even both go to Utd but if there any coming this way I think the will be permanent....I would not be against any of the players mentioned by you coming to Goodison, they are all good players that can get better.

I should qualify this by saying we should move heaven and earth to keep Lukaku. He is bordering on world class already and if he isn't yet he will be soon. I think within 2 years he'll be the best striker in the world.

However if he is convinced he wants to go we should be looking for upwards of 60 million for him. No striker has his consistent scoring record in the league over the last 4 years (barring Aguero, and what price would he be if fully fit and 22?). You are buying a guy who will guarantee you 15 goals a season playing for sides who 3 out of 4 seasons will be in the bottom half.

The only silver linings we can get from it, is that Lukaku was fantastic when we signed him, but we have also developed him. We will need to develop a ready made replacement. We also create a lot of chances for our strikers and I don;t think there will be a shortage wanting to play for an attacking Everton side.

I have felt since we signed him that while he is world class, he doesn't fit out style effectively.Under Martinez we need a striker who links play, good first touch and will come short. Rom can do this but it isn't his strong suit. We have always been left between playing to Lukaku's strengths and developing a team to suit Martinez's/the teams strengths.

With 60+ million we can go and get some serious replacements in. I really like the guy Malik at Ajax and signing him alongside a Lacazette would be a dream come true while punting Kone. Thats the kind of ambition we need to show in replacing these players. Failing Lacazette (or perhaps instead of Malik if we get him) Embolo would be another fantastic signing.

At times this season Rom has looked like he wanted away. In the end if the right bid comes in and he wants away then sometimes you have to let go and look to re-invest prudently.

I like Cedric bakambu at Villarreal been scoring a few goals in the league and in Europe this season, lazion looking at him for 25m Euros, would much rather we looked at him than embolo!

I like Cedric bakambu at Villarreal been scoring a few goals in the league and in Europe this season, lazion looking at him for 25m Euros, would much rather we looked at him than embolo!
Id sign both exactly the right profile of players age style of play etc. Also get rid of kone that leaves 3 including niasse only risk is 3 players with no real premier league experience.

Id sign both exactly the right profile of players age style of play etc. Also get rid of kone that leaves 3 including niasse only risk is 3 players with no real premier league experience.

Mayeb Everton knew the situation with Lukaku and decided to bring in niasse early for him to settle and hit the ground running next season! It is a worry if we are without any proven premier league striker and if any decent one's are available anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back