Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was definitely one of the worst performers of the first half. Bizarre that he's immune to criticism now.

Was he yeah?

He was MOTM.

So I stand by;

All the team struggled first half.

Lukaku was nowhere near as bad as the vultures in the match thread suggested.

His performance in the second half, combined with the years we've seen him in this league tells you fans need to exercise some restraint before being so quick, and so vocal to slate the young lad.

But you carry on slating him, he'll carry on making you look a bit silly.

Need Del to have a good run of starts now. Lukaku will get used to his game and get on the end of more of his beautiful trickery. There's goals aplenty for Romelu this season.

He was definitely one of the worst performers of the first half. Bizarre that he's immune to criticism now.

Well that's not true now, is it? Just read the last three pages.

But yeah, I thought he was terrible first half but took his chances when they came and he finished the game strong.

I think the point Mr. GOT is making is that even when he's having an off day he's still just as likely to bag a goal or two.

Our coaches mustn't be working on his first touch because it's still not good enough generally. If he can add that to his game, he'll be awesome more often.

But you carry on slating him, he'll carry on making you look a bit silly.

Here, I'd be happy to be made look silly every week by Lukaku, but I think you'll find I'm not one of his regular detractors. I think he's a very good, if unfinished, striker. But I really thought his first half was his worst 45 minutes this season, and that hasn't stopped being true because of his last 35 minutes.

Absolutely hilarious this.

Funes Mori was nowhere near anyone for the second goal, and totally at fault for the first; immune from criticism.

Lukaku scores twice, gets a fantastic assist and people focus on his first half display.

Incredible.

I think the point Mr. GOT is making is that even when he's having an off day he's still just as likely to bag a goal or two.

That's the bit I'm slightly uncertain about. I don't think he's that type of striker yet. He bags a brace one game, and gets nothing for the next three. I'd like him to start getting a bit of an even spread for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back