Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get the right offer, get him out of here.
We need players with a different mentality to the ones we have now, to many interested in themselves and not the team or club.
More hungry winners needed not half added prima donnas who get a titty lip on the first time it gets a bit tough.
He is a good player but needs to grow up.

But Rom is clearly stating he wants to win things, yet he's been slated for it??????

No I agree on that pal. It's not the end of the world.

IMO, we need two strikers when Rom leaves.

A quality £25mil striker from abroad (better value, and some half-decent players available) - e.g. Lacazette.

Then a striker who has done it in the Prem. Bony would be a good place to start I think.
Exactly. Moyes and Phil Nev will have them both firing in 15 each! We're all going on a european tour!

I was thinking about how to replace a 25 goal a year scorer. When Lineker was here, Howard Kendal noticed that he was scoring most of our goals. The year before, the whole team chipped in. When he sold him, he changed it slightly to spread the goals around again. We won the league., having said that he had Heath to replace him, plus a great team. We will obviously have to buying or two strikers, because we don't have any decent other strikers. But maybe the new Manager will change the way we play so we don't rely on one man to score?

But Rom is clearly stating he wants to win things, yet he's been slated for it??????
Wanting to win thing and putting in the effort to do it are two different things.
Look at Vardy, ROM is a better player on paper but hasn't got the same attitude or desire were it matters on the pitch not in the press.
If we wants out , we get decent money I would sell him and as long as it wasn't agiast us wish him all the best.

Rom has also flopped every chance he's ever had to win something, whether it be at Chelsea or at Everton.

He's looking to be carried to a title.

The majority of players want to be carried to a title now. None of them want to build a dynasty, they just want to join something and lift a shiny the quick way. Which in a short career is fair enough at times. But having a bit of respect wouldn't go amiss.

I remember Suarez doing that interview with the Telegraph. Front page headline "Let Me Leave", with a picture of him on the verge of tears. They didn't sell him, and he nearly won them the league on his own.

Then they sold him for £75m and have been rubbish ever since. Obviously Suarez is in a different class but for me, you just don't sell your best players.

Drag him in. Slap his arse and remind him he is under contract. He can knuckle down and achieve his ambitions with Everton, or he can rot in the reserves. His choice.

Wanting to win thing and putting in the effort to do it are two different things.
Look at Vardy, ROM is a better player on paper but hasn't got the same attitude or desire were it matters on the pitch not in the press.
If we wants out , we get decent money I would sell him and as long as it wasn't agiast us wish him all the best.

He put in the effort this season. 25 goals and 7 assists worth...

He bottled it in the semi-final, I'm sure he will know that.

Agree on the last point.

He's going but I don't see the need to be bitter about it as fans. He's saying stuff that most sensible people expected anyway, so yeh as long as it isn't against us and we get good value out of the sale (which I believe we will) all the best to him. He's been the best striker we've had in a while.

I remember Suarez doing that interview with the Telegraph. Front page headline "Let Me Leave", with a picture of him on the verge of tears. They didn't sell him, and he nearly won them the league on his own.

Then they sold him for £75m and have been rubbish ever since. Obviously Suarez is in a different class but for me, you just don't sell your best players.

Drag him in. Slap his arse and remind him he is under contract. He can knuckle down and achieve his ambitions with Everton, or he can rot in the reserves. His choice.

This is the other option, yes.

We'll see though. The new manager may well rather have the money.

If your family supported Everton and moved away would you support someone else? And don't bring nationalities into it as I am of Pakistani background and took quite a bit of abuse for it in Scotland so have zero support for the national team

So were your family originally Mancunian but moved to Scotland?

I'm not judging you either way, I grew up about 45 minutes away from Liverpool City Centre so I'm very much an out of towner (Or "WOOL" as we're known)

Anyway, Lukaku, has a goal in him now and then doesn't he?

Would be nice to keep him at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back