Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to claim he's a crap player just because he's turned out to be a sad knobhead, he's a very good striker, the best I've seen in a blue shirt in years but compare him to Suarez at the Sh*te 2 years ago - Suarez who would run through brick walls for the team, never gave up on a seemingly lost cause and always seemed to thrive in the biggest games. Our Rom may manage a slow jog back to the half way line if he can be bothered. Controversy aside Suarez earned that move to Barca. Rom hasn't earned his yet in my opinion. Could he play at the level one day? maybe - if he gets the right people around him giving him some honest feedback but i get the impression he has an agent pulling the strings who knows his stock has never, and probably will never be as high as it is right now and is looking for a massive payday..
Rom may go on to be the greatest CF to play the game, equally he may be another Nickolas Bentner. His talent is not in question, his application and attitude are.

He'd be a massive miss for us

If we'd actually had a manager with even a shred of defensive nous last season, his goals would have had us chasing European qualification

I think he's off, but I'm not going to knock him on his way out the door or try to suggest he isn't actually that good as others seem to be doing

He kept us away from the relegation fight this season, and I'm grateful to him for it

Yeah, he was wasteful in the Semi Final, but if it hadn't been for him we wouldn't have even been in that Semi Final in the first place. His Quarter Final performance was excellent and every single player on the pitch was atrocious in the first 45 at Wembley, so he was hardly unique there

Just because he's probably off and is being a bit of a strawb about it, doesn't mean we should all of a sudden pretend he isn't very good, because that's categorically wrong

Rise Above Hate gentlemen

Be the bigger men

Last edited:
He'd be a massive miss for us

If we'd actually had a manager with even a shred of defensive nous last season, his goals would have had us chasing European qualification

I think he's off, but I'm not going to knock him on his way out the door or try to suggest he isn't actually that good as others seem to be doing

He kept us away from the relegation fight this season, and I'm grateful to him for it

Yeah, he was wasteful in the Semi Final, but if it hadn't been for him we wouldn't have even been in that Semi Final in the first place. His Quarter Final performance was excellent and every single player on the pitch was atrocious in the first 45 at Wembley, so he was hardly unique there

Just because he's probably off and is being a bit of a strawb about it, doesn't mean we should all of a sudden pretend he isn't very good, because that's categorically wrong

Rise Above Hate gentlemen

Be the better men

Spot on Mikey

I think without us being in Europe or winning a trophy he was always going to leave unfortunately.

Ambitious lad, got a knob of an agent in his ear, his dad is a massive beaut. Unless we shown him ambition or forward thinking where we will be challenging for something in a year or two, he was going to leave.

Start the bidding at £60m, see who comes in...

Maybe Rom has seen how we dug our heels in with Stones last year and is worried that if he stays quiet (like stones did) that we would do the same.
Stones even put a transfer request in and we told him to do one.
Rom is making sure there is no mutiny if we sell, his comments have made it impossible for him to come back here and play, infact alot of people will be glad to take the money and see him gone......myself included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back