Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't work out how a 60million pound player is bad.
He isn't, but it can ease the pain of his departure if you accentuate the negative aspects of his game. He can still be worth 50/60 million because he has shown glimpses of brilliance in a somewhat ordinary side and that's what other teams will be paying for.

Can't work out if he's either one of the best strikers going around and we should try to keep him, or he's overrated and we should be getting 60mil for him. Keep contradicting yourselves GOT.

I can see your point about overrated/60M. sometimes he's both, he can be very good; but if his heart isn't in it, it shows in his performance which makes him then just very expensive Anichebe. If he want's to or is convinced to stay fair enough - if not get as much as we can...not a hard decision...he either stays or goes, it's up to him.

Yakubu was just an ultimate finisher. Don't buy into the injury thing myself, for some who's 'not the same ' he didn't half do well I. A crap Blackburn side.

Lukaku has much more to his game as well as more goals.

Yakubu has the better smile.

Lukaku has everything when he decides to turn up

At Southampton Koeman played Shane Long up front , not as nearly as talented as Lukaku but works incredibly hard for the team.
If Lukaku stays I think what will be expected of him will be very different .

Would you sell every other player in the team as well then, seeing as everyone did?

No, of course I don't want us to sell the whole team. Although i think it will look a lot different than it does at the moment, especially with so many out of contract players Osman etc plus one or two obviously not good enough.

But I just don't think Lukaku wants to be here. We've seen what he's like when his heart and head aren't in it. I want him here but want the Rom of the first half of this season not the second half this season. It obvious that he wants out. Who knows after speaking to our new Manager he might decide he wants another year? Whatever happens we need at least two new striker's.

Dont get the hate. Chatting bubbles to the press about going, fine. But as for talent, he's the best striker we've had at the club for decades.

22. 20 goals a season. Very hard to find on world football.

And as with anything, you don't win trophies or get paid shed loads, they move on.

At Southampton Koeman played Shane Long up front , not as nearly as talented as Lukaku but works incredibly hard for the team.
If Lukaku stays I think what will be expected of him will be very different .
I think Lukaku works hard enough, it's just (or was) utterly wasted energy. Running for crap overhit or wayward balls must be soul-crushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back