Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a new one to me, though I'm not doubting your claim. Maybe the lack of money in Italian football might also be a factor i.e. No Italian club could afford him.

Taken from Guardian article couple of weeks ago

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/romelu-lukaku-father-everton-leave-summer

Right now, I think the most suitable clubs for him are Bayern Munich or Manchester United,” he said.

“Especially Bayern as the club every year are at least in the semi finals of the Champions League, and the Bundesliga suits him perfectly. I do not think he will go to Italy because the game is far too closed at the back. What is certain is that to continue to progress, he needs to change club, he must make the right choice.”

Yes he was.

Yakubu was an absolutely brilliant striker. He managed to get 20+ goals in a Moyes' team.

Lukaku spurns more chances than he scores.

Yakubu was class. I'm not saying he wasn't - well, at least up until that injury.

But Rom has more to his game IMO. And stop using the tired argument about his first touch, it improved loads this season, but you bang on about it all the time.

Taken from Guardian article couple of weeks ago

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/romelu-lukaku-father-everton-leave-summer

Right now, I think the most suitable clubs for him are Bayern Munich or Manchester United,” he said.

“Especially Bayern as the club every year are at least in the semi finals of the Champions League, and the Bundesliga suits him perfectly. I do not think he will go to Italy because the game is far too closed at the back. What is certain is that to continue to progress, he needs to change club, he must make the right choice.”
Rom must be embarrassed with some of these comments his father spouts. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with rom and still see a lot more to come from him. However there are enough flaws in his game, movement off the ball, awareness and control for the likes of Bayern to not even consider him. Now it looks like zlatan is off to united I can't see him going there either.

Rom must be embarrassed with some of these comments his father spouts. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with rom and still see a lot more to come from him. However there are enough flaws in his game, movement off the ball, awareness and control for the likes of Bayern to not even consider him. Now it looks like zlatan is off to united I can't see him going there either.

It'll be PSG, I imagine

I'm convinced if Lukaku stays and we invest £100-150 million into the squad we'll get top 5 next season. Considering Utd and Chelsea are both out of the CL this season if Lukaku cared about playing in a half decent league then he wold give us another season and try cracking 4th under Koeman, then if not leave next summer with our blessings.

A new deal near doubling his wages and a fair release clause of say £50 million for CL clubs to activate next season would be the idea solution for both parties in my opinion. Sadly I can't see Rom thinking that way unless we do some big convincing.

Yakubu was class. I'm not saying he wasn't - well, at least up until that injury.

But Rom has more to his game IMO. And stop using the tired argument about his first touch, it improved loads this season, but you bang on about it all the time.
He scored 17 Premier League goals after that injury. It was Moyes' mismanagement of him.

He has a terrible touch. He is a great player, but I don't think he'll never reach the level he thinks he is going to be. Add into it that he is a massive ****.

As of January 2016 Lukaku had a better conversion rate than Aguero. In a crap team.

Stop talking nonsense please mate.
It's hardly nonsense to say that Yakubu was a better player than Lukaku currently is.

Just because Yakubu was labelled fat and/or was a lot older than his supposed years he was made into a joke figure.

I'd have a Yakubu 07/08 over Lukaku 15/16 any day.

He scored 17 Premier League goals after that injury. It was Moyes' mismanagement of him.

He has a terrible touch. He is a great player, but I don't think he'll never reach the level he thinks he is going to be. Add into it that he is a massive ****.

Yeah he's got a terrible touch. PSG want to sign a striker with a terrible touch.

Bore. Off.

He scored 17 goals over two and a half seasons after his injury, you mean... It pretty much ended his career in a 'Moyes team' because he couldn't do any leg work. He was good at Blackburn as he was allowed to be a poacher, even though they went down like.

Rom's first touch isn't the best when he's off his game, but the first half of this season it improved loads. I remember the Palace game I think, where everything stuck and he was awesome.

And he's not a **** mate. He's a bit arrogant and very ambitious, but you need that. I just wouldn't take it personally. If he goes, we get a load of money for him. If he stays, he has to play his best or he will be dropped and won't get his big move, simple as that.

I'm convinced if Lukaku stays and we invest £100-150 million into the squad we'll get top 5 next season. Considering Utd and Chelsea are both out of the CL this season if Lukaku cared about playing in a half decent league then he wold give us another season and try cracking 4th under Koeman, then if not leave next summer with our blessings.

A new deal near doubling his wages and a fair release clause of say £50 million for CL clubs to activate next season would be the idea solution for both parties in my opinion. Sadly I can't see Rom thinking that way unless we do some big convincing.

Shows just what we're up against, that a £150mil investment (that won't come without a big player sale, though) would maybe get us challenging for top 5 haha. Mental, isn't it...

It's hardly nonsense to say that Yakubu was a better player than Lukaku currently is.

Just because Yakubu was labelled fat and/or was a lot older than his supposed years he was made into a joke figure.

I'd have a Yakubu 07/08 over Lukaku 15/16 any day.
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back