Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is with Rom, many don't realize just how good he can be, and they won't until he has gone.

Look at how bad Everton was last season, and take away the penalty kicks and in the league last season both Aguero and Kane only scored 3 more goals them him and Vardy only got 2 more playing for the champions.

Lukaku is the one player we have to keep and see him start to work under an actual manager, losing Stones won't hurt us that much but losing Rom would be a disaster.

Instead of 'take away the penalty kicks' why cant Rom just learn to take a decent penalty himself!!

Even the ones he has scored have looked iffy big time, hope Baines remains on pen duty next season after coming back and scoring v Norwich on the last day

Thing is with Rom, many don't realize just how good he can be, and they won't until he has gone.

Look at how bad Everton was last season, and take away the penalty kicks and in the league last season both Aguero and Kane only scored 3 more goals them him and Vardy only got 2 more playing for the champions.

Lukaku is the one player we have to keep and see him start to work under an actual manager, losing Stones won't hurt us that much but losing Rom would be a disaster.
But, who makes the player ? is it the player himself or the players around him.

Harry Kane for instance has a wonderful team etchic and last season Kane had as poor a start to the season as Lukaku had a good start, nothing went right for Kane for the first number of games.
So, he worked even harder and in time it all came right.

If Lukaku had shown the same application for Everton after Christmas maybe our season would not have gone down the toilet.

It sounds to me as if people are making the same argument as Lukaku, that he was left down by the team.

I would say that the team was left down by him.

Watching the game last night was not much fun. Lukaku's shortcomings were revealed on the big stage, lack of close ball control, mobilty, moving into spaces in all left a bit to be desired no wonder he was subbed largely ineffective. Spent the first 30 minutes standing around with his armup in the air. That display will not have done him much good in the eyes of potential clubs.

Offer him a new contract with 20k a week on top of what he's earning now and a 60m release clause. Works for everybody then; We keep the player until a club is willing to pay the money, he makes more money, he realises Everton no longer hold all the aces as, as soon as a club triggers his clause, it's then down to him to decide. If he genuinely believes he's that good, then he'd sign an improved deal with a release clause such as 60m. Thing is though, I reckon deep down he knows nobody would pay that.

I still love him for what he has done in a blue shirt. He has his problems and hopefully this Euros brings his ego a bit back down to earth and he realizes that we're good for each other. I also hope that by now he has seen that nobody is banging our door down trying to sign him despite what his dad and him think. Every day I become more hopeful of seeing him scoring for us again next season. I don't want him gone, but I also don't want him putting us down every chance he gets. When he comes back from the Euros and nothing has happened I would like him to be put in a secluded room with Ferguson and Unsworth for a chat.

He's just not as good as he thinks, or the media think he is. If we can sell him for the massive profits that have been reported we should. I really think in a years time his value won't be anywhere near it is now. He downed tools in February and he can't get motivated to put the work in again.

I agree with a lot that's been said here
but one thing stands out as missing.

The agent.

Before his so-called super agent got involved Rom seemed pretty down to earth - he wants to be the best, willing to work hard etc. Etc. I bought that. It fitted. Since then. Different story. The agent has been blowing smoke up his proverbial (combined with our ex -manager) long enough for him to believe it.
We all know what he is. He's an everton striker - a pimped up Ferguson if you like. Or at least could be, if he stopped believing the hype and actually knuckled down again.

I hope the euros wake him up to this and he's happy (and more importantly his agent is happy) with a wage increase to learn more, get better and then perhaps move to a so-called bigger club.

My worry is, he wants out and the price is now dwindling.

So Rom. You're a young lad with bad advisors (nothing new - but your old fella should be old enough to know). Realise that and realise what you are. A great striker with massively, as yet, unfulfilled potential who should prove it where you are and where you could be a cult hero. And, in 1 year see if you match everton's expectations.

I believe you can.

He's a striker, it's the most selfish position on the pitch. Give me an arrogant divvy who scores 20 goals a season, against a lovely bloke who works hard for the team and scores 8 goals a season. As a person, give me Naismith over Lukaku, as a striker it's a different matter.

Does it REALLY have to be a case of either/or though mate?

Plus if you are gonna be an arrogant divvy as you put it then honestly you better back up what you say, Lukaku has now developed a habit of spouting his mouth off and then sunsequently turning in performances after that which are terrible, theirs a huge difference in having confidence in your ability and having a degree of arrogance about that, and a whole different level when your delusional - which Rom comes across as nowadays in his eagerness to push a move through.

Plus ever since his arrogance went through the roof, huis form has gone to utter crap as well

Is he a good striekr, yeah obviously he is, is he anywhere near the level he believes himself to be at - nope, and players like Ronaldo, Suarez et didn't get to be as good as they are by believing they where already the best when they had a lot of weaknesses in their game, - needs to do his talking on the pitch

But, who makes the player ? is it the player himself or the players around him.

Harry Kane for instance has a wonderful team etchic and last season Kane had as poor a start to the season as Lukaku had a good start, nothing went right for Kane for the first number of games.
So, he worked even harder and in time it all came right.

If Lukaku had shown the same application for Everton after Christmas maybe our season would not have gone down the toilet.

It sounds to me as if people are making the same argument as Lukaku, that he was left down by the team.

I would say that the team was left down by him.

To be honest mate I don't think we even had a team of any real note for him to let down last season, lets not forget one of his partners was Kone? While at the same time look at the quality Kane and Aguero had around them. As awful as he was at times he just couldn't do it alone, not at his age. Kane did work hard but had the set up around him to make it work.
Rom can work as hard ashe likes but with no service, no one to feed off and work together in a real partnership its understandable that he pretty much gave up after Christmas but so did the majority of the squad, now that Martinez has gone now we really will get to see is these guys can actually play as well as we and they think they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back