Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So..you're not prepared to engage in discussion if people disagree with you? Ah well Bye Bye. 75 in July, still working full time, despite transplants and other health stuff...but my brains fine, thanks. Certainly not 'deranged'(You love words like 'idiot' and deranged' don't you?

The way orly is acting on here in general is because he probably is having a hard time in his life and comes on here to " blow off some steam". No person that is doing fine comes out with so much crap against others like orly does on here.

Roms goals, in chronological order through the previous season.

Now, i'm not necessarily trying to achieve anything through this - but, it does give a fairer indication of what Romelu does for us in terms of goals across a season.

6th - Southampton - 2
(Cup) Barnsley - 2
14th - West Brom - 2
8th - Liverpool - 1
17th - Sunderland - 1
7th - West Ham - 1
20th - Villa - 2
16th - Bournemouth - 1
(Cup) Middlesborough - 1
15th - Palace - 1
19th - Norwich - 1
1st - Leicester - 1
9th - Stoke - 2
(Cup) City - 1
9th - Stoke - 1
(Cup) - Bournemouth - 1
20th - Villa - 1
7th - West Ham - 1
(Cup) Chelsea - 2

Total: 25 Goals. Split with 7 in the cup, and 18 in the League

7 of his goals came in the cup vs Barnsley (2), Middlesborough (1), City (1), Bournemouth (1) and Chelsea (2) respectively.

Only 9 goals from Lukaku came against teams finishing in the top 10 of the league, barring cup games of course, Southampton (2), Liverpool (1), West Ham (2), Leicester (1), Stoke (3)

10 goals totaled between Villa (3), Stoke (3), Bournemouth (2) and West Ham (2) alone.

-----

Drawn with his goals included - Liverpool, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace, Norwich,
(5 league)

Lost with his goals included - Leicester, Stoke, West Ham,
(3 league)

Won with his goals included - Southampton, Barnsley (Cup), West Brom, Sunderland, Villa, Middlesborough (Cup), City (Cup), Stoke, Bournemouth (Cup), Villa, Chelsea (Cup)
(6 league, 5 Cup)

----

A comparison:

Harry kane scored in 20 different games for Tottenham. (Albeit he played some Europa games too)
Kane more often than not scored in games that Tottenham were already winning, cementing their lead.
Kane scored vs 13 different teams in the league; 6 in the top 10
Chelsea, Stoke, Liverpool, Villa, Arsenal, City, Norwich, Palace, Sunderland, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Bournemouth

Lukaku scored in 20 different games for Everton.
Lukaku often scored our only goal.
Lukaku scored vs 11 different teams in the league; 9 in the top 10
Southampton, West Brom, Liverpool, Sunderland, West Ham, Villa, Bournemouth, Palace, Norwich, Leicester, Stoke,

----

Basically, if we find goals from elsewhere to win games whilst continuing to supply Lukaku. We will win the league.

Damn i'm bored.

The problem for me lies in whether he was dire for months down to himself, or down to the 'team' like he suggested.

If he stays on, and just sulks and stinks the place out picking up a new £140k a week wage, I don't see the benefit.

However it's obvious he is good and can do the biz. We'll just have to see what happens I guess, but he really won't shut his trap until the fat lady sings will he!
He will only shut his gob when he has left or signed a bumper new contract. Till then he will keep mouthing off like he always has.

The problem for me lies in whether he was dire for months down to himself, or down to the 'team' like he suggested.

I think it was down to him (even though as a team we were crap) and he just lost the will to play, playing on his own up front, balls being lobbed up to him, only for no one to be anywhere near him to lay the ball off to, he just looked totally frustrated, and it got to the point that everything he tried just wasn't coming off for him, he looked like he had reached a point where he couldn't be arsed anymore.

The slow passing footy Martinez played didn't suit Lukaku because he always ended up with his back to goal, if you put the ball into Lukaku when he's facing goal, he's boss.

Last edited:
A good player, a very good goal scorer with an appalling attitude. A very easily disliked young man. Personally I couldn't give a toss whether he goes or stays. If he stays he will undoubtedly bag a pile of goals for us. If he goes we will get a shed load of money and not have to put up with him and his father whinging every time he is away on international duty. His attitude stinks the place out and, good as he is, he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

A good player, a very good goal scorer with an appalling attitude. A very easily disliked young man. Personally I couldn't give a toss whether he goes or stays. If he stays he will undoubtedly bag a pile of goals for us. If he goes we will get a shed load of money and not have to put up with him and his father whinging every time he is away on international duty. His attitude stinks the place out and, good as he is, he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.
Agreed

he needs to come out and apologise for the behaviour towards the club, and say that he now realises how great this club is and that he loves it here and never wants to leave. Only then will I cheer on him again.
Absolutelyv right , but that sounds a bit too rational and reasonable for the modern footballer''s ego to relate to.

The summer when we signed him he was waiting for a bigger club to come in for him but no one would pay the price, then when he signed for us at the end of the summer he said it was always going to be Everton!!! Get a size 9 boot and the volley him as far away from the club as possible He has zero passion for our football club and I cant believe our fans cant see that.. He didn't want to come in the first place!! No stats will change my mind get rid now!!

If Lukaku played for any other side apart form Everton, we would drool at the thought of being able to sign him, and accept we have no chance.

When we got him on loan many instantly said enjoy him while we can because no chance we will be able to sign him, now we have him and he is under contract and people want get rid? haha

You couldn't make that up.

Do we really aspire to be a top 4 threat? Because if we are serious about Everton we do all we can to keep him, no excuses.

If Lukaku played for any other side apart form Everton, we would drool at the thought of being able to sign him, and accept we have no chance.

When we got him on loan many instantly said enjoy him while we can because no chance we will be able to sign him, now we have him and he is under contract and people want get rid? haha

You couldn't make that up.

Do we really aspire to be a top 4 threat? Because if we are serious about Everton we do all we can to keep him, no excuses.

If he wants to stay, by all means stay.

Personally find him a very likeable young man.

He has no off-field issues like say Vardy or Berahino, doesn't have onfield issues like Costa or Suarez, is unselfish with his assists unlike a lot of strikers and overall seems genuinely happy as long as the team wins even if he doesn't score.

Hs big flaw is that he likes to chat about moving when he is off with the Belgium team, something fairly common among that squad. If I was his agent even if he didn't do that I'd encourage it as turning fans against him is about the only way Raiola is going to persuade a newly rich club to part with its most succesful striker in 20 years - if he hadn't this "appalling attitude" you'd be mad as hell if Moshiri even contemplated selling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back