Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This plays out in one of three ways:-
1) We simply say you're staying here for at least one more year. And re-visit it next summer/sell then.
2) Offer him an extended contract now on 'better' terms. If he turns it down, sell. Or he agrees and stays.
3) We sell to highest bidder.
Whilst at the moment I'd rather just say you're staying so just button it, the business side is probably how it will play out. So option 2 is how I see it going.
Any which way it needs to be sorted and to be honest out the options mentioned I wouldn't really be that bothered which one it was as he's done my head in with his 'chirpings' over the last few months. Good player - inflated ego.

This plays out in one of three ways:-
1) We simply say you're staying here for at least one more year. And re-visit it next summer/sell then.
2) Offer him an extended contract now on 'better' terms. If he turns it down, sell. Or he agrees and stays.
3) We sell to highest bidder.
Whilst at the moment I'd rather just say you're staying so just button it, the business side is probably how it will play out. So option 2 is how I see it going.
Any which way it needs to be sorted and to be honest out the options mentioned I wouldn't really be that bothered which one it was as he's done my head in with his 'chirpings' over the last few months. Good player - inflated ego.
Think it's more likely that we say "you're staying for a year whatever happens, so here's an improved contract to smooth things a little, with the understanding (possibly mandated in the contract) that we sell next summer if you still wish to leave.

We don't need to sell anyone.

Have I missed something, where does it say stones is gone?

The Esk (I believe?) posted some interesting info about the way FFP and wage bills work. It's not about needing the money, it's about being able to show trading profits to increase our headroom for the wage bill. In all likelihood we need to sell one of Stones or Rom at a large profit in order to change our wage structure.

Think it's more likely that we say "you're staying for a year whatever happens, so here's an improved contract to smooth things a little, with the understanding (possibly mandated in the contract) that we sell next summer if you still wish to leave.
l think thatMandate in a contract would make his value plummet, because clubs would know he has to go.

Your becoming a little tiresome as well as boring. Stop trolling posts and get more of a life.

LiesBabyJesus2.jpg

Hope this Club stand firm like Liverpool did with Suarez a few years back. And if the lads got anything about him he'll attempt to have a similar season to Suarez.

Suarez got his head down accepted he wasnt leaving and almost won them lot the League then got that dream move to Barca. Im not saying Lukaku can win us the League or get us close, but if he's told no, then i hope he has that kind of attitude that Suarez had.
But, much that I dislike the little snide Suarez he had a winning mentality. Rom seems to me to be a sulking child at times, which might explain why he goes missing in games. Not so much of a winner.... yet

l think thatMandate in a contract would make his value plummet, because clubs would know he has to go.
Not really - it'd be contingent upon some sort of value being met.

Sort of a conditional release clause - only activated if he decides he still wants to go - at which point he has a release vale of £Xm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back