Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that isn't including the 7m already allowed under FPP regulations
and factoring in qwe have already shed with Hibbert, Osman, howard and Pienaar leaving around 20, 30, 40, 50 k pw (conservative estimations) - 7.2m pa

then thats 14.2m + 37.5m (the average of what you stated we would need to bring in) - so 51.7m pa of an increase in the player wages we currently have at the club mate, so thats a 995k per week increase in the wages we currently are paying at the club

as it's your estimation on what we need to bring in for this financial year, and obviously it doesn't include any additional allowance given by moving certain players on which would give us even more allowance in wages.

That increase in wages is absolutely monumental mate

Doing napkin math on new contracts - Barkley curently on 60k pw - increased deal to 110k - an increase of 50k pw
Stones currently on 30k pw - goes to parity with Ross for arguments sake - 80k pw increase
Lukaku signs a new contract for 140k pw - currently on about 80k pw so an increase of 60k pw

Resigning those 3 would give us a spend of 190k pw additonally

which would leave us with a net surplus on wgaes available of 805k pw for new players or few new contracts for existing players, so say 75k goes into resginging certain other players to improved deals, - Deulofeu, Mori, Coleman for example - if we even needed to do that

that would still give us headroom on wages of 730k pw for new signings, that is an absolutely monumental figure to contemplate, and if so then the rumoured 100m 'war chest' woudl be well wide of the mark

Going all footy manager - say Mata comes for parity with Roms wages (140k pw)
Strootman and Witsel arrive on parity with Stones/Barkley - an additional (220k) pw on those 2
Begovic say comes in for an increase on his Chelsea contract of 60k pw - so say we sign him for (80k) pw to tempt him here

Thats 440k pw on those 4 players - still leaving us with 290k pw we can add - on top of any other wages freed by player departures - so the likes of Kone (30k pw), Cleverley (50k pw), Barry (60k pw) for example could easily add another 140k pw to that figure

Doing a rough guestimate we will free up about another 150k pw from players Koeman deems surplus (a low estimate frankly) and with 290k pw still surplus, then your dealing with a figure of around 440k left over even after those arrivals.

so say 3 more players in the value of 110k pw added still leaving a surplus of 110k for things like additoonal improved contracts over what i stated above, for bringing in younger players on 25-30k pw etc etc etc

Unless your figures are wrong - or my napkin math is - then this will be one insane summer ahead...

Btw IF we do need to raise 35-40m in additional revenue, Cleverley for starters would sem an obvious source to bring in 10m or so on current prices, same for Lennon being able to be sold for about 7-8m so a profit of 3m for these purposes , theirs roughly 13 of that 37.5 additionally needed revenue straight away figure which could be quite easily met, throw in McCarthy going for 18m (a figure that we would be able to get for him in the current market) - a profit of 5m, then you'd be at 18m of the 37.5 required so just over half way their... All it would take is 2-3 additoonal sales of fringe players such as Garbutt, Oviedo etc for small 4-5m fees and that figure would be down to single digit millions and easily met with one or two decent sponsorship/commercial deal being struck

You forgot to carry the 1.

it's a win-win situation, we either keep one of the best young strikers in the world or we cash in on him and can buy some serious talent. personally I hope we keep him and he fires us to the top 4

I think that Maiola has had a meeting with Moshiri and he has been told by Moshiri in no uncertain terms what the future holds for Lukaku.

The player is under contract and Everton do not need the money(as per agent).
It has been suggested earlier and I think it is the most likely outcome that neither Lukaku or Stones will be sold this summer. The players may be told they will have to give Koeman one season at least.

If anybody is going to be sold I think it will be Stones.

I think that Maiola has had a meeting with Moshiri and he has been told by Moshiri in no uncertain terms what the future holds for Lukaku.

The player is under contract and Everton do not need the money(as per agent).
It has been suggested earlier and I think it is the most likely outcome that neither Lukaku or Stones will be sold this summer. The players may be told they will have to give Koeman one season at least.

If anybody is going to be sold I think it will be Stones.
if I am Everton I am not letting go of Stones this kid is going to be boss get a new 140k deal for both they will be worth it

Assuming that isn't including the 7m already allowed under FPP regulations
and factoring in qwe have already shed with Hibbert, Osman, howard and Pienaar leaving around 20, 30, 40, 50 k pw (conservative estimations) - 7.2m pa

then thats 14.2m + 37.5m (the average of what you stated we would need to bring in) - so 51.7m pa of an increase in the player wages we currently have at the club mate, so thats a 995k per week increase in the wages we currently are paying at the club

as it's your estimation on what we need to bring in for this financial year, and obviously it doesn't include any additional allowance given by moving certain players on which would give us even more allowance in wages.

That increase in wages is absolutely monumental mate

Doing napkin math on new contracts - Barkley curently on 60k pw - increased deal to 110k - an increase of 50k pw
Stones currently on 30k pw - goes to parity with Ross for arguments sake - 80k pw increase
Lukaku signs a new contract for 140k pw - currently on about 80k pw so an increase of 60k pw

Resigning those 3 would give us a spend of 190k pw additonally

which would leave us with a net surplus on wgaes available of 805k pw for new players or few new contracts for existing players, so say 75k goes into resginging certain other players to improved deals, - Deulofeu, Mori, Coleman for example - if we even needed to do that

that would still give us headroom on wages of 730k pw for new signings, that is an absolutely monumental figure to contemplate, and if so then the rumoured 100m 'war chest' woudl be well wide of the mark

Going all footy manager - say Mata comes for parity with Roms wages (140k pw)
Strootman and Witsel arrive on parity with Stones/Barkley - an additional (220k) pw on those 2
Begovic say comes in for an increase on his Chelsea contract of 60k pw - so say we sign him for (80k) pw to tempt him here

Thats 440k pw on those 4 players - still leaving us with 290k pw we can add - on top of any other wages freed by player departures - so the likes of Kone (30k pw), Cleverley (50k pw), Barry (60k pw) for example could easily add another 140k pw to that figure

Doing a rough guestimate we will free up about another 150k pw from players Koeman deems surplus (a low estimate frankly) and with 290k pw still surplus, then your dealing with a figure of around 440k left over even after those arrivals.

so say 3 more players in the value of 110k pw added still leaving a surplus of 110k for things like additoonal improved contracts over what i stated above, for bringing in younger players on 25-30k pw etc etc etc

Unless your figures are wrong - or my napkin math is - then this will be one insane summer ahead...

Btw IF we do need to raise 35-40m in additional revenue, Cleverley for starters would sem an obvious source to bring in 10m or so on current prices, same for Lennon being able to be sold for about 7-8m so a profit of 3m for these purposes , theirs roughly 13 of that 37.5 additionally needed revenue straight away figure which could be quite easily met, throw in McCarthy going for 18m (a figure that we would be able to get for him in the current market) - a profit of 5m, then you'd be at 18m of the 37.5 required so just over half way their... All it would take is 2-3 additoonal sales of fringe players such as Garbutt, Oviedo etc for small 4-5m fees and that figure would be down to single digit millions and easily met with one or two decent sponsorship/commercial deal being struck
what he said

Ideally will keep both Lukaku and Stones. I would keep Lukaku if given the option as goals are much harder to replace. I understand the FFP limitations that make selling one of them more likely.

A fit, focused, motivated Lukaku - for the duration of a season - is a huge asset to us.

If Lukaku does stay, then he must do so with a big improvement in attitude and application. No more grumbling from him, and going AWOL for long spells and I'll support him 100%.

We will need to sign a back-up striker in any case if he stays. We should show intent and ambition in that signing and banish the doubts that Lukaku has in not being able to meet his ambition.

He does not seem to have a clause stipulating a mimimum bid before we allow him to speak to another club? Or such that we would have to allow him to talk to a Champions League club?

We would probably have to provide that flexibility to get him to stay. In the meantime, its good that we are laying down the law with his agent so everyone is clear that it's Everton holding the aces here.

if I am Everton I am not letting go of Stones this kid is going to be boss get a new 140k deal for both they will be worth it
I don't want to lose any player, but we don't always get what we want .
I have doubts about Stones as a defender and I think Galloway could become a better centre half from a defensive point of view in the future.

I don't want to lose any player, but we don't always get what we want .
I have doubts about Stones as a defender and I think Galloway could become a better centre half from a defensive point of view in the future.
when Stones first started getting games he was a good defender just Martinez didnt teach him anything and made him bad he will come good againn

Here is the thing mate. Has stones been anywhere near deserving of 140k or anywhere near that amount of money?

I think that is the massive comparison that needs to be made. Throwing around high contracts will lead you nowhwhere but ruin, and what message does that send to stone, play badly and we will still bend over backwards for you?

I agree he should hopefully keep him but no way would i look to give him a contract anywhere near that big because he has done nothing to earn it. He came in, done fantastic and got a pay rise accordingly, if the club are going to throw money away then it will cripple us.

Compared to offering Rom it, well he has scored a load of goals. Seen the number before, he has a blinder next season here, scores 30 plus goals and he then breaks 100 goals in the prem by the time he is 23. Give him 2 years here and he does it automatically. so he is definetly worth upping his wages because he has already earned it, and if he was sold he would get that elsewhere anyway.

Can't get my head around why so many want him to stay. We can get £60m for him while everyone's overhyping him and you wouldn't take the cash and splash on a marquee striker signing?

Look at how he's doing in the Euros. He is woeful, lazy, doesn't want to be here. We should be all over any offer above £50m!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back