Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-League-star-playing-Euro-2016-qualifier.html

Burglars are jailed for ransacking Romelu Lukaku's home while Premier League star was away playing Euro 2016 qualifier
  • Everton star targeted by Gareth Tomlinson, Carl White and Phillip Mulligan
  • They stole a television, games consoles and a car from his Cheshire home
  • Trio have been jailed after they admitted taking part in string of burglaries
By HUGO GYE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 22:10 EST, 22 June 2016 | UPDATED: 23:46 EST, 22 June 2016

A group of burglars have been jailed for breaking into the home of Premier League star Romelu Lukaku because they knew the star was out of the country playing for Belgium.

Gareth Tomlinson tried to rip a projector from the wall of the footballer's cinema room at his home in Wilmslow, Cheshire as part of a string of burglaries.

He fled the property with with a £500 television, two game consoles worth £800 and Lukaku's car - which was fitted with a tracking device - a court has heard.

Tomlinson, 29, was jailed at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court along with accomplices Carl White, 38, and Phillip Mulligan, 30.

358B502000000578-3654282-image-m-42_1466597235093.jpg

+3
358B502900000578-3654282-image-a-43_1466597239591.jpg

+3

Jailed: Gareth Tomlinson, left, and Carl White, right, have admitted burgling a string of homes in Cheshire

The three men stole a total of £75,000 worth of property during a month-long crime spree in the wealthy Wilmslow area in September last year.

One of the targets was Everton striker Lukaku, who was playing for Belgium in a Euro 2016 qualifying match at the time his home was ransacked

The criminals were involved in a total of five burglaries and one attempted burglary, and all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit burglary.

RELATED ARTICLES
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
The court heard how the gang targeted houses in affluent areas where they believed they could get their hands on 'Asian gold'.

They took a total of £60,000 of jewellery, and other high-value items such as designer bags, iPads and laptops.

When the gang were finally spotted by police, White crashed their car into another vehicle and the trio attempted to flee the scene.

3585C24F00000578-3654282-image-a-44_1466597287121.jpg

+3
Star: Romelu Lukaku, pictured during Euro 2016 this week, was targeted by the gang

David James, prosecuting, said: 'This is a professional team of burglars who specifically identified properties where they anticipated they could get items of high value that could easily be transferred within the black market.'

Peter Malone, who represented Tomlinson, said that he had spiralled into drink and drug addiction after struggling to deal with the deaths of of his parents.

'He is someone who regrets what has happened and regrets being before you today,' Mr Malone told Judge Timothy Mort.

Tim Brennand, defending White, said: 'You are dealing with a follower, not a leader; an employee, not a criminal entrepreneur; a loser in life rather than a winner.'

David Morton, for Mulligan, claimed his client has 'huge reservations' about the crime spree and 'couldn't say no' to the request that he join in.

Judge Mort told the burglars: 'You stand before me for quite serious burglaries. In relation to the Premier League footballer, you carefully planned the burglary when it was common knowledge the footballer was on international duty.

'His vehicle was taken away and you had the wit to take it back as it would likely have tracking devices. The house owner is security conscious and checks the doors and windows and is nervous in his own house.'

Tomlinson was sentenced to six years in prison, White was jailed for five and a half years and Mulligan received a 21-month jail term.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laying-Euro-2016-qualifier.html#ixzz4CMhBrgKf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The nose on the second one - looks like it's been chewed by a bulldog!

We could bring in a far superior actual footballer to play up front, who might score fewer goals but will actually contribute to our overall play consistently.

That's what people consistently miss about Lukaku - his goals hide the fact he is regularly a liability due to his lack of technique and work rate. Is one goal every two games worth playing with essentially 10 men most weeks?

He deserves the stick he's getting.
Certainly you have a point.

Yep. All noises looking like Stones will be the sale and Lukaku will stay.

Dont want Stones to go but if one goes and it is Stones I will take that, biggst thing Koeman has to do this summer is get Lukaku to settle his head down and kept at Everton.

....I wonder if their parents are either proud or not bothered. I don't think either makes the world a better place to live in which is the basic human objective.
"Peter Malone, who represented Tomlinson, said that he had spiralled into drink and drug addiction after struggling to deal with the deaths of of his parents..."

:coffee:

I don't care if Rom leaves. His attitude stinks, has poor hold up play and doesn't work hard enough for me. You cant question his goals record though. But his all round game needs to improve. Everton need a forward like Vardy at the club.

That link with Arsenal is only because Vardy has turned them down, selling to Arsenal would be crazy, if we want to try for top 4 they are the easiest target to pip.

I don't care if Rom leaves. His attitude stinks, has poor hold up play and doesn't work hard enough for me. You cant question his goals record though. But his all round game needs to improve. Everton need a forward like Vardy at the club.

Vardy? You say Rom has a poor sttitude, he has a horrid attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back