Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If for a second we could take our Everton hats off or if Lukaku played for a different club, how would we assess him performances then ? , just as we are critically assessing the other strikers at the competition.
I have seen poor reviews about Milik, but I would say he has had a far better tournament than Romelu.

I agree with a lot of posters on here in believing that Lukaku thinks he is better than he is. He downed tools after Christmas and has not been able to pick them up again in a team with superb talent all around him.

He needs a bit more humility and a lot more effort to fulfil his potential.
In a neutral view? Considering I rate him highly?

I'd say he looks like what he is. A good young striker who needs to develop over time and needs some better coaching. I think you can see the talent there generally but nowhere near the finished article which is quite scary to say.

I'd want us to sign him this summer for the future as well, well him or batsuayi

He really isnt very intelligent player isnt he...you just cant learn that. His attributes are raw physicality and poaching. He scores goals but isnt ready for absolute top clubs. And he might never be. Could become legend here but his attitude might be in the way of that happening.

First half he was excellent. Link up play was superb and he was looking really dangerous.

Second half Belgium didn't utilise him as much and in fairness with Hazard on top form they didn't need to, plus Hungary did defend well against Rom.

Batshuayi has a bit more speed about him and it worked

I felt sorry for him, Hazard and De Bruyne seemed to be doing their utmost not too pass to him when he was in good positions and eventually you could see he got fed up of it.

I felt sorry for him, Hazard and De Bruyne seemed to be doing their utmost not too pass to him when he was in good positions and eventually you could see he got fed up of it.

Agreed , i watched his movement and he made some great runs. Must be so frustrating having two assist machines playing up with you that only want to assist themselves.

Reactions: Gil
He was pure gash last night. But you need to play to his strengths.
Still think he's off after the Euros. Means the cash can be spent on a paint job on the stand.

He was pure gash last night. But you need to play to his strengths.
Still think he's off after the Euros. Means the cash can be spent on a paint job on the stand.

He was useless, but the amount of times he was calling for the ball & never got it was embarrassing, the three behind him just ignored him !!

He was useless, but the amount of times he was calling for the ball & never got it was embarrassing, the three behind him just ignored him !!
I would say a lot of the progression breaks down when he's on the ball as hes just not technical enough. Strength and poaching goals are his bread and butter, why managers can't get to grips with that is mind boggling.

To be fair .... calling for the ball is one thing, moving into a good space away from your marker and into a position where you could accept, or run onto the ball - is what an assist-maker wants.

He looked in plenty of space to me, many times last night, just never got the ball, made him look useless in the end !!

Maybe that's the whole point Chelsea and Man City have told Hazard and de Bruyne to make him look useless to bring his value down for when they make an offer..
Mr. Tiddles & I think you've got a point there...

index.php

:p

I've got cash on Lukaku to be top scorer so all I did the whole match was watch him, as I guess many people did. In my opinion there were several occasions when the ball could have been played into him but there were also times when he didn't seem to be making the right runs. He looked a bit leggy and off the pace I think and Belgium would probably be more suited with using a faster player. However, cards on the table, I was always terrible at football and I don't think I know what I'm talking about.
Go rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back