Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is a poacher. He is not Messi or Ronaldo, he is not a ball player. He very rarely makes his own chances, (the best one being the goal against Chelsea). He just puts himself into a position and relies on others to feed him. Reminds me of Latchford in some ways. I mean, how many goals would Bob have scored without those wonderful crosses and through balls - and all he had to do was hang around in the penalty area? The one thing for me that drives me absolutely bonkers though, is Lukaku's first touch! It is like he is made of Teflon or something. Even Kone had a better first touch, (did bugger all with it though). He really needs to fix that if he wants to progress. The bottom line is, even with all his faults, and the faults of those around him, he has still hit the onion bag more times than most strikers in the PL. He may not be clever on the ball or technically gifted. He is a goal scorer, plain and simple, and in the end, that's all that matters. Right?

Lukaku is a poacher. He is not Messi or Ronaldo, he is not a ball player. He very rarely makes his own chances, (the best one being the goal against Chelsea). He just puts himself into a position and relies on others to feed him. Reminds me of Latchford in some ways. I mean, how many goals would Bob have scored without those wonderful crosses and through balls - and all he had to do was hang around in the penalty area? The one thing for me that drives me absolutely bonkers though, is Lukaku's first touch! It is like he is made of Teflon or something. Even Kone had a better first touch, (did bugger all with it though). He really needs to fix that if he wants to progress. The bottom line is, even with all his faults, and the faults of those around him, he has still hit the onion bag more times than most strikers in the PL. He may not be clever on the ball or technically gifted. He is a goal scorer, plain and simple, and in the end, that's all that matters. Right?

Yes, goals win games pity he did not wake in the last couple of months of last season. If he is still here, I hope that is behind him. Surprised Belgium won 4-0 and no Lukaku goals!

Problem you have though, is what when that goalscoring striker stops scoring but offeres no general play, he can be ahindernace. Lukaku seemed to be sulking since that Chelsea game /coming back from International duty and we suffered from it.

Reactions: Sy-
Steady. Bob could head it!

Having watched Kane, Vardy and Sturridge I have to say Lukaku is worth north of £200m.

True this, all this nonsense talked about Lukaku but he is up there with the top names in the Premier League right now and some fans want to sell him? Seriously, we really dont understand the potential we have with this fella.

He looked in plenty of space to me, many times last night, just never got the ball, made him look useless in the end !!
I just don't accept the theory he was being ignored by other players. To me that is an excuse for a player playing badly.

I think we need to stop making excuses for him and when he plays badly we say so.
Last season his manager supported and built his confidence to a level that his performances did not justify. At the start of the season Deulofeu was in outstanding form and Lukaku benefitted. When Del started to tire then Lukaku's form dipped.

I do think he is a good player but might be a better player after some tough love rather than unqualified support.

I felt sorry for him, Hazard and De Bruyne seemed to be doing their utmost not too pass to him when he was in good positions and eventually you could see he got fed up of it.
Agreed,I'm sure hazard got pissed off with him when lukkaku messed that pass up to him that would have put him clean through on goal, and after that hazard just wouldnt pass to him ! Still looking foreward to your Chelsea return rom?? Hahaha

He's got quite a few assists as well

He wasn't half the player mate, you could just see he was saving himself for the Euro's. I've loved Lukaku since he joined, he's been a terrific striker for us, but his clear desire to be among the best alters his attitude to his current employers.

Have enjoyed his goalscoring though, old guy who sits in Upper Bullens Row E was always slagging him off first season with us, hasn't been more of a pleasure sitting where i have for almost 20 years than Lukaku putting a giant two fingers up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back