Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should he get a wage increase though?
No one wants him and he has a contract already, we are rewarding him for not wanting to be here and being disrespectful.

Because that is the nature of modern football. Get an agent to tout you around, bad mouth your current club and bingo a new contract is on offer.

Plus if Batshuayi is being bought for £40m, that make Rom worth quite a bit more to replace his number of goals

if Lukaku goes anywhere it will be PSG now. Can't see him going anywhere else in the prem as no one will pay it apart from Man City who don't even need him. Can see him staying now! Just get him off pens and make sure his dad doesnt't talk.

I have been as critical as anybody in recent weeks of Lukaku. I think his mouth and his fathers mouth are way too big for his good, I think his football and his attitude were awful since Christmas.
I think he played a big part in helping his manager getting sacked, a manager that always backed him to the hilt.

All that said. I do hope he stays.
We are a better club with him and a better team when he is in the mood to play football.
I hope he has learned a lesson that none of the teams that he craved to join seem in the least interested in him. I am sure that teams that may have had an interest were watching him since Christmas as well.
If , he settles down, loses the sulky attitude, works hard, then he can become a huge asset again. He can score twenty goals every season and that is worth a lot.

I think the marquee signing or the next most expensive needs to be a striker. Lukaku needs to be put under pressure for his place and last year, if fit he played. We had nobody else and completely depended on him.
I think he would improve as a player if he knew that he was far from a certain starter every week.

Why should he get a wage increase though?
No one wants him and he has a contract already, we are rewarding him for not wanting to be here and being disrespectful.

Because he is a serious goal scorer? Who played in an awful team last season and was still able to do well. Because last season no one that plays for the likes of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal were able to score as many goals as he could and I know for sure there players are getting paid a lot more money. Besides it might shut his dad up.

I think he'll end up having to wait it out until his contract becomes an issue, and a few CL clubs are looking for non-cup tied players in a January window.

Like all the best players ever.

Because he is a serious goal scorer? Who played in an awful team last season and was still able to do well. Because last season no one that plays for the likes of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal were able to score as many goals as he could and I know for sure there players are getting paid a lot more money. Besides it might shut his dad up.
he gets enough money for the job ,it's his job to score.
no need to increase.
his father and him you mean.

he gets enough money for the job ,it's his job to score.
no need to increase.
his father and him you mean.

The reason we have to increase his wages is because this summer we are looking to being in some top names on big contracts, big names = big contracts = big wages. If we are to do things right we have to give the best player we have right now a increase to keeping things on parity.

The wage incrase at Everton is one of the main things being talked about on this forum over recent weeks, the possible reason we will decide to sell Stones, to fund it, its all over the board, try and keep up.

Robson kanu looks like a decent option for lukakus back up, thought he was a winger but his hold up play has been suprising

Robson kanu looks like a decent option for lukakus back up, thought he was a winger but his hold up play has been suprising

mtbu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back