Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very relevant to compare market valuation of players from the same league who play in teh same position. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument.
That's a fair point mate! But for me its about the player NOT wanting to be at the club, my argument/discussion is not about his ability but his attitude and what it will be like if he doesn't get his BIG move and is forced to stay then results don't go our way early on in the season..

Ok. So maybe we need to say 75 million for him then. Don't know much about Ighalos mindset - you are correct. But maybe that's because him and his old man aren't blabbing all the time to the press !

As mad as it seems for his limitations then yeah 60 - 70 is a realistic price in the current (ridiculous) climate and wat we would need to get a similar level replacement. Lukaku Sr and Jr have piped down over the last couple of weeks as it became obvious that Chelsea and Juve won't buy him. I'd guess his only destination now would be PSG.

As mad as it seems for his limitations then yeah 60 - 70 is a realistic price in the current (ridiculous) climate and wat we would need to get a similar level replacement. Lukaku Sr and Jr have piped down over the last couple of weeks as it became obvious that Chelsea and Juve won't buy him. I'd guess his only destination now would be PSG.
Agree with PSG being his probable maybe only destination with the price tag

Totally agree mate and if they pay us the money I would take it. When Koeman went to Southampton everyone said they were going down as they had sold all the players .. He brought in new players and had a great season. He's coming here to a good squad that will need some moving around. What he needs more than anything is all of the players to be on his side and have belief ... So anyone who wants out we should stick to our guns and get big money that we can use to buy high quality players and make us better ...

I agree he needs to work on his game. I don't think he will ever be the player to make darting runs to get on the end of inch precision assists. Unless it's Del that picks him out from wide.
Mirallas makes better runs than Rom.
I don't agree. Rom makes some fantastic runs along the oppositions back line, it's just that under Martinez we were too busy knocking it sideways and backwards to look up and pick them out. Only Del seemingly had the vision to do so.

Where he is still a bit lacking is his movement inside the area at times. Staying central rather than darting to the front post or dropping off a yard to create some space for himself.

I don't agree. Rom makes some fantastic runs along the oppositions back line, it's just that under Martinez we were too busy knocking it sideways and backwards to look up and pick them out. Only Del seemingly had the vision to do so.

Where he is still a bit lacking is his movement inside the area at times. Staying central rather than darting to the front post or dropping off a yard to create some space for himself.
That's great to hear. I'm glad others are more positive about him. He has so much potential.

That's a fair point mate! But for me its about the player NOT wanting to be at the club, my argument/discussion is not about his ability but his attitude and what it will be like if he doesn't get his BIG move and is forced to stay then results don't go our way early on in the season..

We have a tough manager now, Lukaku won't have a choice. Dischipline.

That's great to hear. I'm glad others are more positive about him. He has so much potential.
He has indeed. I think it's easy to forget that he's only just turned 23. He's not the finished article yet, and yet he's still a 1 in 2 PL striker and has been for 4 years!

I'm hoping that we can convince him and his agent to sign a new mega money deal with a clause that allows him to go next summer for a fixed fee if we don't make the top 4. It might end up being his only option anyway.

I think it's brilliant.

Him being so sure that he was about to light up the Euros and get his dream move. I think he probably felt he'd never have to step foot inside Finch Farm again, mouthing off at every occasion at how he's "ready for" and "needs" Champions League to fulfil his ambitions, and how he's as good as any striker in the world...

... then he plays 5 games at the Euros, and stinks the place out in 4 of them, even ending up being subbed and having his replacement score with his first touch. :lol:

See you at 9am when pre-season starts, 'Rom'. Don't forget to have a word with your dad, too.

Dear Everton fans,

You over rate your club and have delusional thoughts about where you stand in the scheme of things. I'm a fantastic striker and you should enjoy the seasons I've played for you. You finished midtable two season in a row and have an incredible knack of overrating a player when they wear blue and calling them a Judas when it's time to leave.

In short, do one you scruffy meffs,

Rom.
Dear Supporter.
It is normal to value your club above any single player. If said player continually offends by implying the club is not powerful enough to fulfil his ambition, if he implys he is too good to stay whilst spending much of the season contributing zilch whilst being paid lots of your money. If he is given the desired showcase in a Belgian team creating chances he fails to put away then it is reasonable to assume he is a nob who rates himself way beyond his ability. I wish he would go away. Iceland beating England and Wales beating Belgium describes the attitude a TEAM requires. Lukaku is sadly lacking in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back