Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I shouldn't have one? I'm not content about our current situation. Getting rid of our best striker in the last 30 years seem a pretty bad idea to me, whether you want me to kop on or not ;)
If he wants to go as him and all his connections have been saying for months then if put our valuation on him and its met let him off ... My opinion is he is not that great and we can do better with the money we can receive for him .. For me he doesn't turn up at the big games and good defenders can stop him ... 65 million bye bye !

Watford turned down a bid of £37 million for Ighalo yet people would be happy to see Rom go for £40 milion???

Just wow. I shouldn't be suprised at the cluelessness on here sometimes but y'know ...
Think the thing that is being missed is that Ighalo is happy at Watford and doesn't think he is better than everyone else so they would be right to turn down the offer for a very good player !

If he wants to go as him and all his connections have been saying for months then if put our valuation on him and its met let him off ... My opinion is he is not that great and we can do better with the money we can receive for him .. For me he doesn't turn up at the big games and good defenders can stop him ... 65 million bye bye !

Again, as I asked before, if he's not all that, who's gonna pay 65 mil for him? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Watford turned down a bid of £37 million for Ighalo yet people would be happy to see Rom go for £40 milion???

Just wow. I shouldn't be suprised at the cluelessness on here sometimes but y'know ...
Its irrelevant what Watford turned down for one of their players, we have a guy who doesn't want to be at the club. If he stays it will only be the same Sh1t in January and next summer until he eventually goes..

I am shocked at the level of negative stuff on here . We all know the last 2 seasons were awful .. Going to games knowing you would loose was heartbreaking ... It's over !! Brown shoes got the bullet and we have a very good manager who has money to spend and a good squad to build on and get get rid of who has to go .. These are exciting times for the club ...can't wait for the season to start !!

Maybe playing with a back to goal striker like Bony or Pelle would be best for Rom.
If I was trying to defend him (hahaha) I'd get tight and expect a bad first touch outside the box. Then look to cut off that ball to the near post when the winger has it. If he faced me up one against one from 40 yards out then I'd be worried.
So yes, seeing how Pelle' brought the other forwards into play for Italy against Spain would be perfect for Rom. That being said - Spain were over confident playing just 2 or 3 at the back most of the game.

He had another inept performance last night. He doesn't seem to know here he needs to be on the pitch. He doesn't run into the correct positions to receive the ball.
However he still scores goals, imagine if he was making the right runs and positive runs. I would much rather see him being coached at Everton and us benefiting from a 25 goal a season striker.
Bringing in new players will improve the team but it will also improve the players we have at the club, this is a time to take stock and not start losing the talent we have on the chance we can replace it.

Its irrelevant what Watford turned down for one of their players, we have a guy who doesn't want to be at the club. If he stays it will only be the same Sh1t in January and next summer until he eventually goes..

It's very relevant to compare market valuation of players from the same league who play in teh same position. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument.

Of course they are. Rooney was too. Same with Lescott. We're a feeder club, and I haven't seen anything to be convinced otherwise regarding new ownership. We're talking about selling our best players, hang on, aren't we supposed to be loaded? It's a sham.
Lukaku's desire to leave and play CL football somewhere else has nothing to do with the club's wealth or otherwise

You've conjoined the 2 issues in a ridiculously simplistic manner.

Every club barring Barca and possibly Madrid is a 'feeder club' btw, as they're all part of the food chain. We happen to have moved further up that chain post the arrival of Moshiri, but we're still part of it, same as everyone else. Remember United losing a certain Portugese lad a few years back? Or the filth losing the buck toothed racist? Chelsea could well lose Hazard this summer.

While I agree, we don't actually need him to be a better player. We just need him to consistently hit his early-mid season form.

He has improved with us, even though he's disappointed for the last 6 or 7 months.

He needs to get his head straight, shut his mouth and focus on performing for Everton. If he does that, everyone wins.
I agree he needs to work on his game. I don't think he will ever be the player to make darting runs to get on the end of inch precision assists. Unless it's Del that picks him out from wide.
Mirallas makes better runs than Rom.

Fairly sure you have no idea on Ighalo's mindset but he isnt half the player Rom is
Ok. So maybe we need to say 75 million for him then. Don't know much about Ighalos mindset - you are correct. But maybe that's because him and his old man aren't blabbing all the time to the press !

Lukaku's desire to leave and play CL football somewhere else has nothing to do with the club's wealth or otherwise

You've conjoined the 2 issues in a ridiculously simplistic manner.

Every club barring Barca and possibly Madrid is a 'feeder club' btw, as they're all part of the food chain. We happen to have moved further up that chain post the arrival of Moshiri, but we're still part of it, same as everyone else. Remember United losing a certain Portugese lad a few years back? Or the filth losing the buck toothed racist? Chelsea could well lose Hazard this summer.

Don't disagree with anything in the second part. The first, I'm not so sure. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back