Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get the Lukaku to Chelsea story.

They've signed Batshuayi and Conte has now said Costa is happy to stay (probably because Atletico have bought Gameiro and therefore aren't in the market).

So why would they want Lukaku on top of those 2 plus Remy and young Traore? And more to the point why would Lukaku want to go there to potentially play second fiddle in a side without European football?
I think for Rom it's more about playing for a club he feels is on his lofty level which he clearly feels we are not. He genuinely believes he is an elite level player and he deserves to be playing with other players of the same quality. One of his rants Pre-Euro's was about how he tried his best for us last year but he didn't have good enough players around him.

It's scandalous what he did to the club during the last 2 years and even more so that there was still supporters who wanted to give him more time. Moshiri has got a job on his hands sorting out the mess (infrastructure) inherited by kenwright and co and koeman has an even bigger job on the playing side.

Koeman has got a huge job to do and with the relatively slow start to the transfer window business and the uncertainty still around the current squad, it does make you wonder if the new regime underestimated the impact that Bobby's buffoonery has had.

Hopefully the transfer shenanigans will start to fall into place soon and we can start to move onwards and upwards.

Media love to be aggressive when it comes to selling our players don't they?
I think in the 2 current situations (Stones and Rom) it is down to the stories they can spin off the transfers, i.e. Lukaku potentially most expensive British transfer ever (until Pogba) and then Stones potentially most expensive defender ever.

I know it seems like they love selling our players but I think often it is down to the fact they are usually big transfers rather than some agenda against us.

If we let Lukaku go this late in the transfer window we will be truly knackered. We will not have time to bring in a quality replacement and we cannot go with the strikers we have on board already (Kone, Niasse... that is just awful...Martinez wants hanging !!!).

If we let Lukaku go this late in the transfer window we will be truly knackered. We will not have time to bring in a quality replacement and we cannot go with the strikers we have on board already (Kone, Niasse... that is just awful...Martinez wants hanging !!!).

I don't disagree with the hanging bit but the situation with Lukaku should have been sorted out far earlier as should had the appointment of a manager that delay is having significant impact . My guess is that the supposed hardball being played in both the Stones and of course Lukakau situations is being matched every time Everton approach a club regrading a player

If we sell Lukaku this now with no idea of who could be his replacement and in the knowledge that no striker of his quality will want to join us anyway, we might as well play a massive suitcase full of 75m quid up front instead of the alternatives, Kone or Niasse. Martinez is a disgrace for leaving the squad he did. McGeady, Niasse, Kone, Robles. Unreal.

It's scandalous what he did to the club during the last 2 years and even more so that there was still supporters who wanted to give him more time. Moshiri has got a job on his hands sorting out the mess (infrastructure) inherited by kenwright and co and koeman has an even bigger job on the playing side.

It's more scandalous that people couldn't see what was fast unravelling in front of their eyes 18 months ago and still supported him.

He's set us back massively and koeman and the mosh have a task to keep romantic happy and convinced that his future, albeit short term, is with us

Imagine being batshitmanferrari or however you say it

Chelsea sign you for 30 odd million then suddenly you're behind Costa and £75m Lukaku who are similar players to you in the pecking order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back