Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some simple research and reasonable assumptions will readily provide an answer.

Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones were paid a combined basic salary of £183,000 a week.

Gueye, Stekelenberg, Williams, Bolasie and Kone were paid a combined basic salary of £187,000 a week. I'm going to suggest their salaries have increased by 25% taking the combined figure to £233,000.

Lukaku is set for a £55,000 a week increase. I'm going to assume Barkley receives the same increase and Baines a smaller increase of £25,000.

I'm assuming we've budgeted for 3 additional players say at a 'moderate' £75,000 a week each.

That gives a combined wage increase of £406,000 a week ignoring any increases in any of the other 25+ professionals in the club.

That equates to £21,000,000 increase in wages, 3 times the permitted increase given our non broadcasting revenues are going to be flat.

So in the absence of any realistic way of increasing revenues by over £14 million a year how were we going to achieve it without creating a significant trading profit from a player sale?

Btw if we achieve two of our main targets in the window those figures will increase significantly, probably by another £5 million at least.
It is the assumption of the three additional players on £75K a week that I am querying. I accept that you have more of an insight into what is going on currently than I do but that assumption also precludes any other players coming off the wage bill (e.g. Niasse - £45K per week, McGeady - £40K, McCarthy - £50K, Kone £25K etc..). Had some of the predicted signings come through by now I would accept your analysis. As it stands I'm not totally convinced. As I have said, I hope you are correct but the data, as of today, does not stand up and we've been promised various things by various administrations that haven't materialised which makes me cynical. We will see in a couple of weeks I guess.

Some simple research and reasonable assumptions will readily provide an answer.

Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones were paid a combined basic salary of £183,000 a week.

Gueye, Stekelenberg, Williams, Bolasie and Kone were paid a combined basic salary of £187,000 a week. I'm going to suggest their salaries have increased by 25% taking the combined figure to £233,000.

Lukaku is set for a £55,000 a week increase. I'm going to assume Barkley receives the same increase and Baines a smaller increase of £25,000.

I'm assuming we've budgeted for 3 additional players say at a 'moderate' £75,000 a week each.

That gives a combined wage increase of £406,000 a week ignoring any increases in any of the other 25+ professionals in the club.

That equates to £21,000,000 increase in wages, 3 times the permitted increase given our non broadcasting revenues are going to be flat.

So in the absence of any realistic way of increasing revenues by over £14 million a year how were we going to achieve it without creating a significant trading profit from a player sale?

Btw if we achieve two of our main targets in the window those figures will increase significantly, probably by another £5 million at least.

Slightly off topic, but given the real spree of movement, or apparent movement anyway, am I correct in feeling further outgoings are likely. You know like squad players such as cleverley garbutt Niasse etc? Does this give potential for further wage increases?

Blueboy off TEF (who used to post on here as Bluefox and is sourced) reckons Lukaku still wants to leave and all the rags are going to run a story saying as much. Would be disastrous to lose him

Let them run as many stories as they wish, until someone stumps up the best part of 75mil, which I'll guarantee no one will, he stays

I agree with you, but we need a motivated Lukaku in the team, not one that wants out. Just a worry it effects his form

I agree with you, but we need a motivated Lukaku in the team, not one that wants out. Just a worry it effects his form

Maybe that is why the rumour of Bony coming in might have some real substance - Ron's way of letting him know that there is actually an alternative and that if he wants to sulk and cry arse that there is an option for him to do it from the bench this year because we have a bit more than Kone or Niasse to take his place if needed.

We hold all the cards now Stones has gone. If Koeman doesnt fancy Rom, :Blink:, then fine. Ship him out for top dollar.

But I would find that extremely unlikely. 3 years left, give us another 25 goal season, see us negotiate a proper shirt deal next year, then lets see then.

I would be astonished if he went anywhere this window.

The thing is, hes a goalscorer, a very, very good goalscorer, so hes worth a vast fee, BUT, apart from his goals he does naff all, hence why nobody will pay us 65m for him.

I suspect we are going to have a very unhappy striker for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back