Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky saying he wasn't at training and pics been taken off the official site, injury or is it looking like he's off?

Could also be a load of tripe as there are pictures going around twitter that are allegedly from someone visiting FF today stood with Rom, Kone and Mori.

stop it! you're ruining Sky's story!

Same lad has just put one of those vine video clips on with Rom sat there in trg gear at 1 PM today and basically said about Ashley Williams being there also.

Doesn't appear to be WUM as he also recently tweeted himself having some scoff with Besic.

Cant link the tweets with being in work !!

The above is a theory that has been proposed by one poster, with no corroboration whatsoever from any other sources least of all the club itself, and now everyone assumes it is gospel. I hope it is true but I'm not convinced. We can increase our wage bill by £7M p.a. without having to raise revenue. If our wage bill increases by more than £7M by bringing in Gueye, Stekelenberg, Williams, Bolasie and Kone after shedding Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones from last years bill then we have been as fleeced on wages as we have been on fees

Some simple research and reasonable assumptions will readily provide an answer.

Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones were paid a combined basic salary of £183,000 a week.

Gueye, Stekelenberg, Williams, Bolasie and Kone were paid a combined basic salary of £187,000 a week. I'm going to suggest their salaries have increased by 25% taking the combined figure to £233,000.

Lukaku is set for a £55,000 a week increase. I'm going to assume Barkley receives the same increase and Baines a smaller increase of £25,000.

I'm assuming we've budgeted for 3 additional players say at a 'moderate' £75,000 a week each.

That gives a combined wage increase of £406,000 a week ignoring any increases in any of the other 25+ professionals in the club.

That equates to £21,000,000 increase in wages, 3 times the permitted increase given our non broadcasting revenues are going to be flat.

So in the absence of any realistic way of increasing revenues by over £14 million a year how were we going to achieve it without creating a significant trading profit from a player sale?

Btw if we achieve two of our main targets in the window those figures will increase significantly, probably by another £5 million at least.

Some simple research and reasonable assumptions will readily provide an answer.

Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones were paid a combined basic salary of £183,000 a week.

Gueye, Stekelenberg, Williams, Bolasie and Kone were paid a combined basic salary of £187,000 a week. I'm going to suggest their salaries have increased by 25% taking the combined figure to £233,000.

Lukaku is set for a £55,000 a week increase. I'm going to assume Barkley receives the same increase and Baines a smaller increase of £25,000.

I'm assuming we've budgeted for 3 additional players say at a 'moderate' £75,000 a week each.

That gives a combined wage increase of £406,000 a week ignoring any increases in any of the other 25+ professionals in the club.

That equates to £21,000,000 increase in wages, 3 times the permitted increase given our non broadcasting revenues are going to be flat.

So in the absence of any realistic way of increasing revenues by over £14 million a year how were we going to achieve it without creating a significant trading profit from a player sale?

Btw if we achieve two of our main targets in the window those figures will increase significantly, probably by another £5 million at least.

Will still be massively short if the planned 45-50m increase that was the objective though mate, especially given as of this minute we are allowed a 46.5m increase post stones sale, and not factoring in any additional sale of say McCarthy, cleverley, etc

Would Koeman let both Stones and Rom out? Highly doubtful. ...but who knows if they dont get along or something maybe Koeman has replacements lined up already....exciting times

Sky - Lukaku's agent has said, 'there's no offer on the table yet from Chelsea'.
I assume that means transfer offer but it could be referring to personal terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back