Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we could but we can't get that quality, all the waffle of players like Carvalho and Koulibaly was way of the mark on who we can get and it was nothing to do with wages, more to do with pulling power.

exactly.

I believe we still have a chance on Witsel, and Mata, but this idea we sell Rom and get two or three class players in needs to stop.

We need his goals.

I'm confident heading into the season and the last few weeks of the window. That confidence will be shot if we sell Rom (not that my opinion will have any actual impact on the end result mind)

Sell to buy? Really.

If the 3 deals the media say are close are completed the combined fees will be far more than we got for Stones so clearly we didn't have to sell to buy.

Some people aren't happy unless they are moaning or running the club down.

Thats because we are paying way, and i mean way above the value for the players mentioned which makes it a double whammy!
1 We sold to buy
2 We are paying way over the odds for bang average players and contributing on top of the sale money

Actually mate, we sold to pay wages. We could buy pretty much anybody we want.

Eh no...we couldn't........
Players have to want to come to you first la !
we are paying the GDP of a small country for Bolaise cos we cant buy whoever we want and cos Palace know they can get away with it cos we have a few bob and they want money to buy him across the way

Thats because we are paying way, and i mean way above the value for the players mentioned which makes it a double whammy!
1 We sold to buy
2 We are paying way over the odds for bang average players and contributing on top of the sale money

By your logic of sell to buy we would only be able to spend what we received for Stones.
You say we are paying over the odds but that still means we are paying it and if we are paying more then we receive we are not just selling to buy !

Eh no...we couldn't........
Players have to want to come to you first la !
we are paying the GDP of a small country for Bolaise cos we cant buy whoever we want and cos Palace know they can get away with it cos we have a few bob and they want money to buy him across the way

But it seems we wanted Bolasie and any ridiculous cost put on him by Palace never stopped us. That kind of proves my point.

Anyway, it was stated that we sold to buy, we didn't, the income from Stones is to pay wages, not to buy players.

But it seems we wanted Bolasie and any ridiculous cost put on him by Palace never stopped us. That kind of proves my point.

Anyway, it was stated that we sold to buy, we didn't, the income from Stones is to pay wages, not to buy players.

Essentially it's not even that, it's to free ourselves from the restraint of FFP, so we can offer bigger wages to incomings and hold down our more valuable assets (ie. Barkley & Lukaku) with wage increases.

By your logic of sell to buy we would only be able to spend what we received for Stones.
You say we are paying over the odds but that still means we are paying it and if we are paying more then we receive we are not just selling to buy !

As I said earlier we have `topped` up thrown money on top of to buy. Without the sale we could not do this

exactly.

I believe we still have a chance on Witsel, and Mata, but this idea we sell Rom and get two or three class players in needs to stop.

We need his goals.

I'm confident heading into the season and the last few weeks of the window. That confidence will be shot if we sell Rom (not that my opinion will have any actual impact on the end result mind)

Also, if we sell him what signal are we giving to potential new players? Not one of ambition.

Blueboy on TEF reckons he still wants out and the papers are all set to run a story on it. He's not sure anyone will pay for him though (although I think Chelsea would).

Blueboy on TEF reckons he still wants out and the papers are all set to run a story on it. He's not sure anyone will pay for him though (although I think Chelsea would).

considering they've known his value all summer yet haven't bid they're playing it very stupid and relying heavily on media pressure and player power - which we won't bow to - by leaving it so late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back