Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for one Webster himself but how about Jonas Gutierrez at Newcastle.
He was let go by Newcastle after being dropped due to the fact he had cancer.

In fact after reading up on the Webster ruling very briefly it's something similar to unfair dismissal. i.e McGeady or Niasse may be able to use it because they haven't got squad numbers however I doubt it would even remotely apply to Rom.

The reason why is that if he did try and break the contract then we could sue Rom personally for the entire 65m we would have deemed to have lost and that's the reason why you probably haven't seen it used.

As I said apart from no marks who weren't wanted by their clubs name me a transfer in the 10 years it has effected?

If it hasn't been invoked by any player so don't you think there might be a reason for that?

Last edited:
He was let go by Newcastle after being dropped due to the fact he had cancer.

In fact after reading up on the Webster ruling very briefly it's something similar to unfair dismissal. i.e McGeady or Niasse may be able to use it because they haven't got squad numbers however I doubt it would even remotely apply to Rom.

The reason why is that if he did try and break the contract then we could sue Rom personally for the entire 65m we would have deemed to have lost and that's the reason why you probably haven't seen it used.

As I said apart from no marks who weren't wanted by their clubs name me a transfer in the 10 years it has effected?

If it hasn't been invoked by any player so don't you think there might be a reason for that?

You clearly haven't got a clue.

At the end of his time at Newcastle he did indeed have cancer but when he initially signed for them he did so using the Webster ruling.

If you bothered doing some research you will see that other players have used the threat of invoking the ruling has in effect led to the players getting what they wanted in an improved contract or granted a transfer.

There is another article within FIFAs rules regarding players whereby if they don't feature in a set number of games at seasons end they can indeed walk away from their contract but for the likes of RL that isn't an option.

Not sure I was 100% convinced by Koeman re Lukaku's absence today.

Also when asked whether Lukaku would be playing next week against West Brom his answer was not convincing either.

I reckon Rom could be off.

Need to do everything we can to keep him otherwise this season is gonna be grim

Badly missed him there but what is does show is if we sell him this season is going to be grim, no chance can we even think of selling im.

Don't agree at all - and I'm a massive Lukaku fan.

The system we are looking to play isn't setup for a single "superstar". If he can't be bothered to run, him and Koeman are going to fall out spectacularly. If he gets involved, it's going to be seriously exciting

Not sure I was 100% convinced by Koeman re Lukaku's absence today.

Also when asked whether Lukaku would be playing next week against West Brom his answer was not convincing either.

I reckon Rom could be off.

I accept the reason for his absence, but I do agree he might be going nonetheless. Of course nobody can be sure, but there is more to it than speculation as far as I can see.

Ironically I would be more reassured if he was talking in the media, I think Chelsea have told him to stay silent and in the meantime the negotiations go on.

Players have power these days, and while I think we are more than reasonable wanting another season from him, he was worse than useless for us towards the end of last season and we have no guarantee than he won't take that attitude into this season.

That's not to justify a sale, and if it does happen it leaves huge question marks for Moshiri and would crush my faith in him. That's any other new signings nicely taken care of without spending a penny, and a fine profit to boot.

We would then need to get 2 strikers in. We need one more regardless, I just hope we can stand firm.

One thing that has made happy during all of this, is that his weapon of a father has been made to look rather foolish by some of the comments he has made regarding the so called " big club " that he was moving too.

" I expect him to sign for a bigger club by the start of the Euros " being the biggest whopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back