Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure Lukaku will not be allowed to leave without assurances that an adequate replacement will be signed, and then some. He also wont be sold for anything less than 75 million. 75 million!!! 3rd or 4th highest fee ever for a player. Let that sink in. For a footballer who struggles to control a football and who constantly opens his mouth disrespecting the football club.
Don't care. He scores goals often by himself.

Could that mean that Rom is staying, if he does I hope Koeman gets a bit of snide into him, he should be terrifying defences.

Well, Bolasie said that Rom has been after him to come to Everton for years but that doesn't exactly mean that he was pushing him to join "this" summer. On the other hand, it certainly helps our case for Lukaku to have good friends on the club.

What I think is that Lukaku would still like to leave but he's realized that it's unlikely another team will meet Everton's valuation of him. Let's face it, he would have signed that big new contract by now if he 100% wanted to stay. However, considering the abyssmal end of last season, I would have thought there was no chance we could keep him. Now I'd put it at about 90% that he'll stay.

Last edited:
Well, Bolasie said that Rom has been after him to come to Everton for years but that doesn't exactly mean that he was pushing him to join "this" summer. On the other hand, it certainly helps our case for Lukaku to have good friends on the club.

What I think is that Lukaku would still like to leave but he's realized that it's unlikely another team will meet Everton's valuation of him. Let's face it, he would have signed that big new contract by now if he 100% wanted to stay. However, considering the end of last season, I would have thought there was no chance we could keep him. Now I'd put it at about 90% that he'll stay.
i mean haven't RM around didn't really help. if RK and the new squad and team, along with tactics and results, rub him the right way, maybe his opinions will change. he can't undo what he's said, but situations can def change a man

i mean haven't RM around didn't really help. if RK and the new squad and team, along with tactics and results, rub him the right way, maybe his opinions will change. he can't undo what he's said, but situations can def change a man

Absolutely. To be honest, if I was in Lukaku's shoes at the end of last season, I would have been pushing for a move as well. It must have been a pretty toxic environment. I'm sure he didn't really believe that things would change this quickly at Everton. I certainly didn't.

just read that Bolasie article where he says him and Rom have been mates for a while and Rom was telling him to come to us.

Is that the same article that says kenwright said to Williams that he was the first player moyes wanted to sign for us. Even though in 2002 when Moyes joined, he played for hednesford lol

Im sure Lukaku will not be allowed to leave without assurances that an adequate replacement will be signed, and then some. He also wont be sold for anything less than 75 million. 75 million!!! 3rd or 4th highest fee ever for a player. Let that sink in. For a footballer who struggles to control a football and who constantly opens his mouth disrespecting the football club.

Bargain price that!

I have never claimed to be ITK on anything before but have it on good authority from a Chelsea source (I live in London) that Chelsea have offered £70m for Rom and we've said no. We won't budge from our valuation. The guy seems pretty certain Chelsea will be returning with an improved bid though.

I have no other info but if I get anymore I will pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back