Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku's contract runs through the 2019 season. This "I'll listen to the new owner before I make my decision" is absolute and utter bullshit.

We own his ass through 2019 if we so choose. There is no decision for Rom to make. If he wants to go, he's going all about it the wrong way.

If I'm Everton, I call up his agent and tell him in no uncertain terms that we will NOT be selling his client for any price and if client continues to use the press to try and force a move, he'll be fined and then potentially banished to the reserves until he figures out his place. Furthermore, I'd warn his agent that if it's him advising Rom to make these noises in the press to attempt to force our hand, that we'll never deal with any of his clients again.

Make no mistake, we hold ALL of the cards here. Rom and his snidey agent hold none. Let me repeat. They hold none. They have no leverage here whatsoever.

And to make matters worse, if we choose to reduce his playing time and/or banish him to the reserves for awhile, that reduces his chances with Belgium going forward.

Now I know some of you are saying "get rid if he doesn't want to be here."

You know what? Not just no, but "hell no." He's paid great wages for a contract HE signed two years ago. He's got three years to go. I'd come out with a press release tomorrow saying Lukaku is not for sale and is an integral part of our plans for the new owner and manager. He can leave on a free at the end of his contract.

Very admirable sentiments. I would make two comments.
I haven't spoken to Lukaku personally so I don't know what he has said and how much of it is paper talk. I'll reserve judgement until Moshiri or the new manager speaks.
If he is completely unhappy at Everton and is engineering a move away we have to understand he is a multi-million pound asset, in business you don't destroy your assets. Unfortunately, if he is being a complete tit,, we can't afford to turn our backs on £50 mill or so.

He says lukaku was to good for us when we signed him, he was on his way to West brom when we got him the first time and the only club prepared to pay 26 million for him when we bought him. We have never received a bid for him yet either.

How do you know that? Because you didn't read of any bids in the Echo?

He's better than us at the moment too.

Flabbergasted at comments earlier saying "we own him". Just wow.
It's just a more direct way of saying "He willingly agreed to sign a contract at Everton FC until the summer of 2019. Should Everton FC decide not to sell him, there is absolutely nothing he can do to leave the club before this mutually-agreed date." As somebody said, get him cleaning dishes at Finch Farm until he apologises for his disgusting lack of respect to the club who is paying him millions of pounds each year to drag his lazy arse around the field every other week.

It's just a more direct way of saying "He willingly agreed to sign a contract at Everton FC until the summer of 2019. Should Everton FC decide not to sell him, there is absolutely nothing he can do to leave the club before this mutually-agreed date." As somebody said, get him cleaning dishes at Finch Farm until he apologises for his disgusting lack of respect to the club who is paying him millions of pounds each year to drag his lazy arse around the field every other week.

Wow x 2

Lukaku's contract runs through the 2019 season. This "I'll listen to the new owner before I make my decision" is absolute and utter bullshit.

We own his ass through 2019 if we so choose. There is no decision for Rom to make. If he wants to go, he's going all about it the wrong way.

If I'm Everton, I call up his agent and tell him in no uncertain terms that we will NOT be selling his client for any price and if client continues to use the press to try and force a move, he'll be fined and then potentially banished to the reserves until he figures out his place. Furthermore, I'd warn his agent that if it's him advising Rom to make these noises in the press to attempt to force our hand, that we'll never deal with any of his clients again.

Make no mistake, we hold ALL of the cards here. Rom and his snidey agent hold none. Let me repeat. They hold none. They have no leverage here whatsoever.

And to make matters worse, if we choose to reduce his playing time and/or banish him to the reserves for awhile, that reduces his chances with Belgium going forward.

Now I know some of you are saying "get rid if he doesn't want to be here."

You know what? Not just no, but "hell no." He's paid great wages for a contract HE signed two years ago. He's got three years to go. I'd come out with a press release tomorrow saying Lukaku is not for sale and is an integral part of our plans for the new owner and manager. He can leave on a free at the end of his contract.

Fully agree with this. Makes sense if we're now a club with ambition. For his comments about Moshiri alone he should be told to publicly apologise for his conduct.

But it sadly won't happen. We'll sell for around £60m.

Personally, I'd be delighted if we put him in the reserves for a year, as I value our stature as a club more than the money for his transfer, and the lack of respect this clown has showed us is beyond belief.

Very admirable sentiments. I would make two comments.
I haven't spoken to Lukaku personally so I don't know what he has said and how much of it is paper talk. I'll reserve judgement until Moshiri or the new manager speaks.
If he is completely unhappy at Everton and is engineering a move away we have to understand he is a multi-million pound asset, in business you don't destroy your assets. Unfortunately, if he is being a complete tit,, we can't afford to turn our backs on £50 mill or so.

Moshiri can actually mate.

He's rich enough to laugh in the face of £50million.

He can say.

'Romelu. I have seen what you have said in the press. I'm not happy about it. It's very disrespectful and sets a bad prescedent. You're in the reserves until further notice.' :coffee:

Then get back to plotting Everton's new stadium and managerial plans.

The club should beat Rom at his own game and popcorn the hell out of him. Statement as follows:

Under new ownership and management the club have decided to let Romelu Lukaku leave the club as part of a rebuilding process. The club would like to place on record their thanks to Romelu, but feel they are shopping in a different league now in regards to strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back