Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
mata and deulofeu asssting rom next season = 30 goals for me.

need to keep him.
Yeah. I mean yeah, his first touch may leave a little to be desired, but considering he scores goals regardless I think we'd be better off with him certainly.

No one ever said Leon Osman was a football genius because of his great first touch, did they?

On balance, I'd say his first touch is by far outweighed by his goals tally.

I had a dream last night that there was some testimonial match being played at GP (I can't remember whose FFS!)
Rom scored twice in the first half.
Don't know what happened in the second half as my brain went spinning off on a whole different tangent. (I was in some bloody big field with lots of tall yellow plants...didn't see Rom in there though, so I can't really comment on his goal scoring prowess in rural settings)lol

You honestly think an 18 year old lad with 11 first team appearances could potentially out score a player who has scored 15+ goals in his last 4 seasons and 20+ in his last 2?

Barring any long term injuries *touchwood* Rashford would have to have a magical season to get near him
I imagine you'd have said the same about Vardy last summer, or Berahino and Austin in 14/15.

If Rashford plays I expect him to do some serious damage. He's quality.

I had a dream last night that there was some testimonial match being played at GP (I can't remember whose FFS!)
Rom scored twice in the first half.
Don't know what happened in the second half as my brain went spinning off on a whole different tangent. (I was in some bloody big field with lots of tall yellow plants...didn't see Rom in there though, so I can't really comment on his goal scoring prowess in rural settings)lol

sounds trippy

As a reward for his turnaround, the club are likely to offer him improved terms that will include a hefty pay rise for the striker.
Don't know if I think this is good or bad. Good that he's back in the fold...for this season at least...but I'm not sure I like the message this sends. Want better terms, tell the club you're leaving, (or get yer Dad to do it). I know we can afford it, but it's the principle of the matter.

Don't know if I think this is good or bad. Good that he's back in the fold...for this season at least...but I'm not sure I like the message this sends. Want better terms, tell the club you're leaving, (or get yer Dad to do it). I know we can afford it, but it's the principle of the matter.
he was massively underpaid anyways compared to the leagues other "top strikers"

Think its just the club protecting an asset really mate. Yeah 3 years is still a strong position, but 5/6 years next Summer, if we do sell or get a huge bid, puts in an incredible position in negotations.

I think you have a fair concern, but only a concern that is going to be applicable to top class players.

he was massively underpaid anyways compared to the leagues other "top strikers"
Well, that's a fair consideration then. If it was due, then that's fair enough.

Think its just the club protecting an asset really mate. Yeah 3 years is still a strong position, but 5/6 years next Summer, if we do sell or get a huge bid, puts in an incredible position in negotations.

I think you have a fair concern, but only a concern that is going to be applicable to top class players.
Okay, but would he command more than the alleged 75 million were asking for now? Just a hypothetical question because we put a price tag on to ward off interest. I understand all these things are negotiable, and that we couldn't ask for 75 if his contract was 1 year less than it is now.

Anyway, as I say, good & bad, but you're both right so I'm leaning towards good now. ;)lol

Well, that's a fair consideration then. If it was due, then that's fair enough.

Okay, but would he command more than the alleged 75 million were asking for now? Just a hypothetical question because we put a price tag on to ward off interest. I understand all these things are negotiable, and that we couldn't ask for 75 if his contract was 1 year less than it is now.

Anyway, as I say, good & bad, but you're both right so I'm leaning towards good now. ;)lol

Probably not, I think we're just protecting his value now, and the fact that he is a born goalscorer. Can only be a good thing if we keep hold of him, despite one or two questionables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back