Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Rom,

My good friend Romelu.

As a fan of your work on a football field, may I recommend that you sign that contract extension with a higher wage asap.
My man, you have been rubbish for the good part of 2016 for the Everton FC, and don't look like scoring in the proverbial house of ill repute any time soon let alone on the football field.

Good to see you happy to be here again.

Pull that finger out asap and score a goal or three. Earn that wage increase please my good man.

Yours sincerely,
Kith
xx

Harry Kane went through a massive goal drought at the start of last season and still scored a truck load.

Least you can say he is making chances, once something ricochets off his shin and bobbles in he will be well away. I think the whole transfer saga has put some added pressure on his shoulders, once the window shuts hopefully this will be reduced and he can get on and play like we know he can.

Yerh but lukaku dosent look like scoring - if hed but his foot through thqt one shawcross cleared instead of tapping it he'd have a goal

And you cant use the transfer saga as an excuse when it was him flashing his knickers at chelsea that caused it

Yerh but lukaku dosent look like scoring - if hed but his foot through thqt one shawcross cleared instead of tapping it he'd have a goal

And you cant use the transfer saga as an excuse when it was him flashing his knickers at chelsea that caused it

Totally agree with the foot through it and it is a problem of his own making. I just think it one of those things where he's trying too hard to prove to prospective employers that he is the man. I would say he's doing it on purpose to devalue his transfer fee but he was missing sitters all summer at euro 16 also, so his head is messed up.

We all know he's not the finished article yet, he doesn't fill me with confidence that he is going to put a chance away which to me is prerequisite of being a top striker. You have to be surprised when they miss not the other way around.

So I'm just saying once he (& his dad) finally realise no one is coming in with a massive late bid we might get back to early last season Rom instead of this one we've had served up since after the Chelsea cup game.

For all his faults though he still a 20+ goals a season forward and they need to be treasured like gold dust until we can start having our pick of the best players. In the last 30 years we've only had 1 or 2 capable of doing that so for us it's a rare thing.

The guy is a massive unit who's obviously no where near 100% fit after playing in the Euros,
it was the same 2 years ago after the World Cup when he started slowly, last year he flew out the traps when he had no summer football,
it could be 2 months before he starts firing them in on a regular basis.

The guy is a massive unit who's obviously no where near 100% fit after playing in the Euros,
it was the same 2 years ago after the World Cup when he started slowly, last year he flew out the traps when he had no summer football,
it could be 2 months before he starts firing them in on a regular basis.

I think he's looking better now than he did after the World Cup, he looked dangerous yesterday

We could go on all day about Lukaku but the bottom line is as follows:
Put the ball in front of him with space to run he's as good as anybody.
At the age of 21 or whatever he, is he can't trap the proverbial bag of cement so that's always gonna be the case.
End of story

We could go on all day about Lukaku but the bottom line is as follows:
Put the ball in front of him with space to run he's as good as anybody.
At the age of 21 or whatever he, is he can't trap the proverbial bag of cement so that's always gonna be the case.
End of story

His touch and hold up play were good yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back