Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how some people believe that if Lukaku was gone, all the other players would all of a sudden flourish and develop scoring abilities which they obviously lack today. And for someone who has "zero interest in helping teammates score" it's strange then that he has more assists than players like Del, Mirallas, Barkley and the like.
Have you ever seen Lukaku make a run to pull a defender out of position and make space for another? And as for assists - I bet it pales in significance when compared with other lone strikers. And his 'assists' generally result from the rare times he successfully holds up the ball and someone plays off it, breaks through the defence and scores. When has he laid a goal on a plate for a teammate for a tap in, like 90% of his goals? Or played a through ball past the defence?

Vault me - when we get rid we'll be far less one-dimensional and will score more without him.

I suspect Koeman is well aware of this - hence why he talked him up for a move. 1 of the laziest, clumsiest players in the league despite his tap ins and huge ego. And bound to be cancer in the dressing room. Get rid and cue the rebuilding.

Have you ever seen Lukaku make a run to pull a defender out of position and make space for another? And as for assists - I bet it pales in significance when compared with other lone strikers. And his 'assists' generally result from the rare times he successfully holds up the ball and someone plays off it, breaks through the defence and scores. When has he laid a goal on a plate for a teammate for a tap in, like 90% of his goals? Or played a through ball past the defence?

Vault me - when we get rid we'll be far less one-dimensional and will score more without him.

Lukaku has 53 career assists, 26 of them at Everton.

In 302 career games Lukaku has 188 goals and assists - at the age of 23.

There aren't many lone strikers who are worthy to lace Lukaku's boots in terms of finishing/goal record to compare. In the case of Harry Kane however, for example:

Kane assists in the league since 2014/15: 6
Lukaku: 14.

In answer to the question at the end, I thought the assist for Barkley was very good. It'd be nice if Barkley could return the favour at some point this season.

Two of my Everton heroes are Kevin Campbell and Peter Reid. Between them, they played for Everton for 13 years.

Rom has only been here for 2 full seasons and he's already scored more goals for Everton than Kevin Campbell and Peter Reid PUT TOGETHER.

Unless we improve dramatically, the lad will be playing for Chelsea next season.

Two of my Everton heroes are Kevin Campbell and Peter Reid. Between them, they played for Everton for 13 years.

Rom has only been here for 2 full seasons and he's already scored more goals for Everton than Kevin Campbell and Peter Reid PUT TOGETHER.

Unless we improve dramatically, the lad will be playing for Chelsea next season.

To be fair Peter Reid was never known for his goalscoring attributes and super kev was not the same after that injury

Our midfield has Gana - Barkley ( if chosen) and no playmaker that's what we need!

Play another striker with the big fella and the goals will flow don't talk garbage about selling him we're would we be without his goals the lad is a machine.

I'm shocked we didn't go 4-4-2 against Watford when against Utd you could see the potential of Valencia looking busy around him. I know it sounds ridiculous but I think we've actually suffered not having Naismith, someone who bullied players around him and just nit picked at the opposition and got stuck in. Very limited on the ball but was a nuisance and the type Lukaku would have more joy with than no one at all.

Totally understand why we flogged him for 8m though lol

Reactions: DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back