Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo.

It was also encouraging to hear him say how he was grateful to Duncan Ferguson for helping him improve his game.

I just don't understand why he hasn't signed it yet if he really wants to.

I hope he does.
I just think he doesnt want to lock himself down before the season ends and sees where the team is heading. We are on a great run of form right now but i think some form of European football is a must for him. I think if we get EL and ambitious signings he will resign

I am one of rom's biggest critics i think on here.
It is more to do with what i know he can do or what i know he can become more than how i rate him. As a finisher i rate him highly.
I dont fall into the bad first touch brigade either because i think that is fine.
His goal record speaks for itself so i cant realy criticise

Rom gets a lot of flak because he doesn't seem to do much during the game - apart from score goals!

But if he ran about more he'd lose weight and wouldn't be able to brush defenders aside like so many ducklings.

You're doing just great, Rom. Take it easy.

We have the top scorer in the league and we're in 7th place. And he hasn't taken a single penalty.

Anyone saying anything negative about Lukaku at this moment in time needs piping down swiftly and mercilessly.
If you ignore his performances and numbers of goals this season... his overall number of goals in his relatively short career.... that he's only 23...

... and the fact we were also woeful for two seasons. Then yes he does deserve the criticism that some of our fans seems to needlessly aim at him.

Reactions: DRM

Yes, and I'm sure you comment from no place of bias at all, Belgian Toffee.
Belgians general have a bizarre bias against Lukaku for some reason. Every time i read some Flemish football articles on Lukaku the comments are very harsh. Dunno why they don't rate him but in my experience they're much harder on him than Evertonians in general.

Belgians general have a bizarre bias against Lukaku for some reason. Every time i read some Flemish football articles on Lukaku the comments are very harsh. Dunno why they don't rate him but in my experience they're much harder on him than Evertonians in general.
Mostly because he has been poor for the national team.

23 and hopefully on course to be one of the best 5 strikers on the planet.

I thought he was poor yesterday. Twice lost easily winnable ball due to poor concentration. Missed a one on one with the keeper and got lucky for the goal.

Still has work to do on his touch and where he runs.

When we break, he runs the right channel far too much. He can finish off his left or right- he needs to run more changing the angle- think Michael Owen - down the Centre.

Can we do something about our players scoring cupping their ears at the home fans?

And if you dont know how to sign your name under the contract, just write X.

It will be legally binding.

Why is anyone knocking his movement? Its probably the best in the premier league maybe only on a level with Ibrahimovic's. How else do you score so many goals for a team when you're not taking any pens, the set pieces are shocking, and they don't really play with any creative midfielders? All those goals that he makes look so easy when he taps in a ball across the box are the type of goals that other strikers just don't score as regularly. There are areas of his game that need improving but his movement is not one of them, his penalty box movement is up there with the best in Europe without a doubt.

Lukaku was injured yesterday or at least was not 100% percent today, he barely made any runs to breal the defence unless he had to but looking at the whole team they all rUn in straight lines when attackING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back