Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
With prices rising each year and us supposedly paying £20mill for a CB with 1 year left on his contract this summer, I think the fee for a 24 year old proven PL striker with world class potential will still command over £40mill even with 12 months on his contract. We may not make a massive profit but we wont lose money.

It's risky though, just on the basis if Rom decides he wants to go to a club but they don't need him urgently he could just wait for his contract to expire and leave on a free the next summer to get a massive signing on fee.

It's risky though, just on the basis if Rom decides he wants to go to a club but they don't need him urgently he could just wait for his contract to expire and leave on a free the next summer to get a massive signing on fee.

I agree its risky but i'd rather spend £100mill (supposedly) on adding to what we have than £200mill to add to what we have but replace Rom and Ross too.

I think Koeman will have the final say anyway.

I agree its risky but i'd rather spend £100mill (supposedly) on adding to what we have than £200mill to add to what we have but replace Rom and Ross too.

I think Koeman will have the final say anyway.

True.

I'd love to keep Rom another season if I knew we'd buy good players that would give us a chance to make the champs league next season. Tbh, I've no idea if we will or not though. It's hard to tell what will happen this summer.

He is not signing so will be sold. Koeman has said it about Barkley but I think the message is to all .. love to be proved wrong but it's nailed on !

I agree we have to keep Barkley.
I have a feeling judging by Koemans statements on contracts and honouring them that Rom won't be sold.
He will be told you are staying for one more season.
Either sign a new contract with a release clause of our making ( and a clause about CL football ) or stay for one more season on 70 k while ROSS Rooney and one or two others get 100 k a week , your choice.
With a World Cup coming up Rom will give 100% , and who knows his goals may get us CL and if not a good WC will only increase his value even with one year left on his contract.
Moshiri didn't become a billionaire by shirking the tough decisions and letting his employees dictate to him.
The smartest thing we could do is offer him a new contract with the 60 mill buy out clause he reportedly wants but with a term in there that it only stands if we fail to qualify for champions league. I think that would suit all parties, we get one more season out of him for a big top four push, he gets a pay rise and a if we fail next season he gets his move as there'd be teams queuing up for him at that price. If he goes this summer we are going to be asking for 80 million at least for him and we could just dig our heels in and say he's not going anywhere but risk losing around half that value next season. He'd also be losing out on a huge pay increase every week without a new contract.

Could say that about any Prem team
Not really. The top teams never usually sell to a competitor for the top positions.
Doubly so, Rom and Drogba can go do one. Happy to take a loss and sell for less overseas.

Of course, Everton will show no spine once again.

4c2280500265992407c8ea13a334f2f5_bill-kenwright-bill-kenwright-meme_620-413.jpeg

Last edited:
What will annoy me is if United dont get in the CL and he goes there, if he leaves for a top club then fair enough, but it has to be a top club playing at the top level now

Going to play under Mourinho hardly seems like the best idea right now. Throwing players under the bus seems like his favourite hobby right now.

Plus, he's got that team badly under performing. The squad isn't the issue at Old Trafford, it's how they're being managed.

Going to play under Mourinho hardly seems like the best idea right now. Throwing players under the bus seems like his favourite hobby right now.

Plus, he's got that team badly under performing. The squad isn't the issue at Old Trafford, it's how they're being managed.
If they throw in Rashford I'd consider it.

Won't happen because he's their 'golden boy'. Quite happy for that to be the case because he'd be a massive downgrade on Lukaku.
We aren't getting anyone like Lukaku again for a long time mate. Rashford for me has the potential to be better. He won't be happy sitting on the bench for his who;e career being a "golden boy".

May as well make a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back