Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
100m?

I would take 14.5m tomorrow.

Lazy.

giphy.gif

He has never said he wants to leave. He has never said he's unhappy, in fact the opposite.
Crazy some of our fans want to sell him.

I think some of our fans have been a bit brainwashed by the media sadly. The sane media that had wanted to sell every good player we've had for about 15 years.

He's never said he wants to leave, he said he won't sign the contract extension because he doesn't think we're ambitious. The receptions he's been getting since are great to see from our fans, but we all should be United in pointing out the fact he's not said he wants to leave atm.

...which if you're Lukaku with your heart set on a CL club next season (after repaying us 10 times over with his goals and trebling of his fee) will feel like a slap in the face.

He wont sign a new contract under those conditions and the club will find it hard to get a massive fee for him with 12 months on his contract.

Doesn't make sense to me to hold him here. It's not logical and probably not ethical given his service.

I don't think he signed a 5 year deal ( or whatever length he signed when he officially signed) with a clause saying if we don't sell him with 2 years to run it would be unethical or not fair due to amount of goals he's scored. Teams tend to try to keep their best players and as far as I can see that's all we are doing by naming a price we will sell at.
He was happy to sign it for that length of time so if we hold him to that contract then that's of his own making isn't it.

Why not? As a confident player he will see the World Cup as the perfect stage to achieve his elevation to the top clubs he craves. But to get there in the first place he cant afford to down tools sas you suggest.
WCs can add or subtract enormous value onto/from players. No player with a high stock but not wanting it to rise further still before a move will want to go into that WC under those circumstances.

All parties should now show maturity and sit down and hammer out a solution. Telling your stooges to put it about that they've slapped a £100M price tag on Lukaku is no way of going about this and screams "amateur dramatics".

...and he wont want to go into next summer's WC with a new club to find then.

We are entering crunch time here with this. Lukaku wants out now and I doubt it will be stopped.
Simple maths we put a fee on him if some one pays it he goes, if not one more season!
It's like stones he went in the end to the highest bidder!

I don't think he signed a 5 year deal ( or whatever length he signed when he officially signed) with a clause saying if we don't sell him with 2 years to run it would be unethical or not fair due to amount of goals he's scored. Teams tend to try to keep their best players and as far as I can see that's all we are doing by naming a price we will sell at.
He was happy to sign it for that length of time so if we hold him to that contract then that's of his own making isn't it.
It's hardball when we cant afford to play it and keep the player productive next season.

This policy cant be sustained. I'm amazed at this development.

Simple maths we put a fee on him if some one pays it he goes, if not one more season!
It's like stones he went in the end to the highest bidder!
The maths dont look good for us if he runs down his contract. If he wanted to he could then wait another 6 months after that and walk out for nothing.

WCs can add or subtract enormous value onto/from players. No player with a high stock but not wanting it to rise further still before a move will want to go into that WC under those circumstances.

All parties should now show maturity and sit down and hammer out a solution. Telling your stooges to put it about that they've slapped a £100M price tag on Lukaku is no way of going about this and screams "amateur dramatics".
Dave i've tried to conduct a rational discussion with you. I now give up, your rhetorical comments do you no credit. Goodnight

Oh well.

If he goes for free, we get to keep a boss striker for 2 more years, otherwise we get a world record fee.

Win, win.
He wont be boss if he's disgruntled will he? The whole atmosphere around him will be poison.

Cut the Gordian knot and have done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back