Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't deserve it. Flat track bully. Plays for a team with everything geared towards him also. Heavily reliant on service he's anonymous against better opponents where he has to produce something for himself.

Nowhere near world class.

It's true mate goes missing in big games. Bit like Ross

Amazing this. What other set of fans in world Togger would celebrate the sale of a 25+ goal scorer, especially when it's been 20 years since their last one.

Truly, an incredible breed at times.

He's got two years left on his deal. If we sold him this summer that would make us look idiots. You don't sell your better players especially when "the project" Is spoken about. If we choose to sell him I'll lose all confidence in the clubs ambition

if lukaku signs a new deal and stays its happy days. but if somebody offered 80m to buy lukaku and you didnt take it, id recommend getting your head checked. he has no ambition to stay at this club. lots of proven goal scorers out there with bags of potential for half that.

and this word `project` is doing my head in.

To be fair to him, a lot of strikers tend to thrive at certain points of the season. He generally scores the bulk of his goals in winter, and then slows down around March. It's probably more to do with how much football he plays than anything else.

Defoe and Yakubu used to find themselves on 15+ by Jan/Feb, and then hardly score again until August. Kane starts the season slow but doesn't stop once he gets going.

Be interesting to see if he totally goes for it against arsenal in the hope he can win the golden boot or does he not look arsed because he doesn't want to get injured for a summer transfer.

Think the aim is to do just that mate.

But ultimately Rom wants to leave so if a huge offer comes in that matches our valuation, he's gonna go (unless it's from China or somewhere).

If not we're in a good position as long as we get those other players in.

i agree mate but i have read people saying they want him to go!

Can you imagine what Rom would be worth if he was any good
He's worth 80/90 m now and according to some people he's crap and easily replaced
I hope he becomes good next season , he will be worth 150 m then
Get a grip lads
But he won't become good mate because he's lazy and has a terrible first touch etc. etc.

He's the best striker I've ever seen play for Everton and I didn't disagree with a word of his interview six weeks or so ago when he talked about ambition and neither did Koeman who has the same ambition. Hope they can both achieve it with us.

Honestly, some people need a reality check.

Best striker we have had in nearly 40 years and still we moan he does not tackle back - it's almost Moyes-esque - he destroyed several decent strikers by trying to get them to do stuff they just don't do. If you want an all-rounder forward that scores 15 goals a season, good on you. I don't, I am happy as a pig in whatever, for our main striker to score goals and those around him to do the mopping up. He is exciting to watch and can score all types of goals. His overall play has improved dramatically this season, including his hold up play. Sure the ball bounces off him sometimes too often, but is does off every other striker.

I don't understand the greedy mantra, it's his bloomin' job to score and he should try that at every opportunity. And kane takes penalties for Spurs - we don't get penalties - and Lukaku has missed a few, but it still bears saying in the golden boot stakes.

So the question is, who is he being compared to?

Messi, Ronald? Not even close ....anyone else though, his record is up there.

Can someone point to a quote from Lukaku himself that says he wants to leave? He has said he wants champions league and he has not signed for an extension to his existing contract, but I don't recall seeing him say he wants to leave.

Troy Deeney for heavens sake?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back