Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did we expect. The club did not make the necessary signings to show the likes of lukaku we can make a go at top 4. His boots will be missed. Lets see how the lad from burnleys bench will fill them. Im guessing even with insoles they will be falling straight away

If he was staying he'd have said

If we sell him with two years left then I want nothing to do with Everton anymore. It would show we aren't as ambitious as we say
He wants out. He's worth big money. Next year he's worth much less. Get rid and get hungry new players in. Nobody is irreplaceable.

If he was staying he'd have said

If we sell him with two years left then I want nothing to do with Everton anymore. It would show we aren't as ambitious as we say
That's send out the wrong message to any potential signings. Let's say Lukaku was promised CL within the timescale he has been here and through no fault of his own it hasn't happened. Other players looking in won't want any part of that.

Bright side is we will have some money to spend on new players when we sell him.

Cannot understand this thinking though mate. I dont see a bright side.So nothing has changed in change of ownership. A non investment in the playing squad. Spend by selling. So we cant be complaining when we will be nowhere near top 6 not to mind top 4. Last summer the board told us we had now the finances to compete. Was that striaght up lies?

It looks like it is Chelsea or no one.
If that is the case then if it were possible to sign Bathsuayi and get money as well in exchange for Lukaku then that would be very satisfactory.

I think it would be about 80m for Lukaku and 35m for Bathsuayi leaving us 5m to sign another striker.
Fixed that for you - remembering we're Everton aren't we?

I think there is more to come, he was lined up for the pressconference today but apparently a part of it is embargoed.

I don't get this 'if he was staying he would have said thing'. That's not how the media circus works anymore. If we actually got him to sign a new contract we would want to make a HUGE announcement on it, roll out contract lid, invite sky sports, get RK and Mosh down there have Bill write a play about how boss Rom is etc. he wouldn't be allowed to just say he's staying in some jarg Belgium interview...

Not that I think he will stay, just making a point there.

He was on his way out as soon as he walked away from that contract offer. Move him on and get a good fee. There needs to be a hefty investment in the squad, not just using the lukaku money but spending a good amount regardless of his fee. There are players we can get to replace him, to do a like for like job there will be limited realistic options but we should look at this as an opportunity to bring in a couple of very different strikers so we can go into games with options up front. At the moment we are pretty one dimensional up front.

Good luck to him I say, done his time, developed as a player, scored hat fulls of goals and deserves a shot at testing himself at a higher level. Don't think I can ever forgive his semi final performance though last year. Haha.

Reactions: DRM
£70-80 million for him and I wouldn't be too unhappy - only worry is losing that kind of player isn't showing a lot of ambition

Remember when the likes of Fellaini & Mirallas used to go away with belgium and spout all stuff off about wanting to leave, we used to fume to high hell!

Its amazing how Rom has helped us build up a tolerance to this sort of thing now and we are very much just "meh" when he pipes up

We need quality. We sell our best player and replace him with who?
Batshuayi would be a good start. Iheanacho is available. There a plenty of players who would be realistic for us to bring in. In terms of scoring the same number of goals as rom that's highly unlikely we will manage that but we can use this as a chance to change the focus of the team. I'm gutted he's off but the writings been on the wall since the 99.999999% bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back