Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really disappointed with him. So he's going,he knows where to and he's going to spend all summer "moving to the next level" for his new club. I get why he wants Champions League football but he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and have a bit of respect for the club who pays his wages, as well as some consideration for the fans of that club.

Really hoped he would stay and if we swap him for Rooney plus cash I'll cry.

Not surprising this. Disappointing though it is, and if the club know he's definitely going, then get some spending done early and then sell him to the known club after the season starts. Why should we help the purchasing clubs preparations. Unless we need the fee in order to buy (again)! Wanted him to stay but enough is enough. Can't keep his mouth shut whenever he's on international duty.

I'd sell him to the highest bidder - if that be ManU or someone from europe then so be it. "They've bid the most, you go there or you stay. They're your options unless someone comes in with a higher bid".

To be honest, I'm amazed Lukaku has been with us as long as he had. I doubt he ever really wanted to come here permanently, if he'd had a real choice?

I'm not going to blame anyone at the club. People always fume about players going. It's not like we didn't know this was going to happen. While it's never good to see, the star player leaving it happens to the biggest off clubs. Pogba left Juve and the still won the league and got to the Champions League final. What I mean to say is Everton will still be here, long after Lukaku has gone. For once we're selling a player from a strong position. Who knows we may even be stronger for how we spend the money? At least the fair play rules, set up to stop clubs getting into the big time won't be triggered.

I just want this over now. I'm sick of him running off to Belgium and saying goes he should be at a bigger club. He won't like it when Costa is keeping him on the bench.

Tbh this is my thinking of it as well. He's probably stayed here a few seasons longer then he really wanted to as well.

This is how we can attract players with top potential though. Tell them to come here be a star for us then when they are a super star we will let them go and for a huge profit for us. If we start messing lukaku about and forcing him to stay then he will just force a move. Then the next one we go for will look at the lukaku situation and jib us off.

If lukaku leaves this way we can say to top young tallent around the world "look what we did with lukaku, he got playing time at a top PL club with us and became one of the top strikers in the leauge. Now he's playing for one of the top teams in europe".

The fact is we can't get top champions league players because we're not in it but we can convince players with the potential to be top champions league players to come to us.

Also as much as i will miss lukakus goals. I believe that him leaving with mean that we will improve as a team. As a squad and on the pitch in the way that we play. As we wont be restricted in the style that koeman wants to play and will he able to press from the front. As well as maybe have a player to hold up the ball to bring others into play and be a focal point in the attack. That is my hope anyway.

So he's going,he knows where to and he's going to spend all summer "moving to the next level" for his new club.
This was what made me most upset. Bet we see no pictures of him hooping with Pogba this summer. Maybe if he prepared like that for us he'd have had the energy to try against the big opposition this season and to continue trying into the last few months.

Actual jesus christ. If this is a real quote then wtf Rom? Really?

If that is real/accurate/not lost in translation, the absolute beaut can do one.

"Not really an option"

2 years left on a contract suggest otherwise Sonny Jim.

Cash in. Boot his fat arse down to the lady boys at Chelsea, and see him utterly fail when Conte tells him to run about a bit.

I'd sell him to the highest bidder - if that be ManU or someone from europe then so be it. "They've bid the most, you go there or you stay. They're your options unless someone comes in with a higher bid".

To be honest with you, I couldn't give a toss who he signs for.

He could go to the RS for all I care.

Some lids on here have said they want him to join a foreign club because it would break their hearts seeing him in the shirt of another English club.

Not me.

My heart was broken every time I saw Bally in an Arsenal kit.

Trevor Steven in a Rangers shirt.

Big Dunc looking like a barcode.

I still hate seeing big Felli in a United shirt.

But Lukaku?

Loved his goals but I never warmed to him and dreaded every international break when usually he would make me feel uncomfortable or trepidous with his utterances, all suggesting he was just biding his time at my beloved club.

So it's BK's fault that Moshiri and Koeman can't convince Lukaku to stay?

Would you believe anything Bill says:

"Roberto's first words were 'I'll get you in the Champions League'."

pg-66-martinez-getty.jpg

"What a manager eh? What a manager!"

Screen-Shot-2016-03-13-at-20.38.23.png

Just look at his face with Koeman - pining for his fraudulent Spanish prince:

KOEMAN_SHIRT-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqB6WIRW_ARw8FwaenPDZysht-RTddtn1PcA6FO1EgxHk.jpg

Tbh this is my thinking of it as well. He's probably stayed here a few seasons longer then he really wanted to as well.

This is how we can attract players with top potential though. Tell them to come here be a star for us then when they are a super star we will let them go and for a huge profit for us. If we start messing lukaku about and forcing him to stay then he will just force a move. Then the next one we go for will look at the lukaku situation and jib us off.

If lukaku leaves this way we can say to top young tallent around the world "look what we did with lukaku, he got playing time at a top PL club with us and became one of the top strikers in the leauge. Now he's playing for one of the top teams in europe".

Wow, that is depressing, come to us, for a bit, then you can go somewhere better and we can start the process again. Can't wait for us to the win the league off the back of that policy

The fact is we can't get top champions league players because we're not in it but we can convince players with the potential to be top champions league players to come to us.

Also as much as i will miss lukakus goals. I believe that him leaving with mean that we will improve as a team. As a squad and on the pitch in the way that we play. As we wont be restricted in the style that koeman wants to play and will he able to press from the front. As well as maybe have a player to hold up the ball to bring others into play and be a focal point in the attack. That is my hope anyway.
What is this based on, what evidence do we have that if you take 25 goals and 6 assists out of the team that we will be better. It's like when the pretty girl you asked to the end of year disco jibs you off and you tell everyone that you would rather hang out at home with your microwaved watermelon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back