Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely pathetic.

Joke mate. Comment and photo made in jest......

cf44082a422b9037473930bb6cce3959.gif

Yes, because without Rom we would have played exactly the same way with exactly the same responses from our opponents.
Yes, because without Rom we would have played exactly the same way with exactly the same responses from our opponents.

Thats probably the reason we ONLY finished 7th, lack of attacking options meaning we have to play all derected for Lukaku.

Im hoping we replace him with more options that enable us to play differently, maybe a striker or 2 that actually brings our midfield into play.

The reaction to this has been the most BAWK thing I've ever read.

Assuming we're going to let him go, I wish him all the best and thank him for 4 years of top service and having the balls/showing the respect to be honest and open about his ambitions and career goals from day one rather than take the easier option to feed us the occasional worthless BS quote about loving/being fully committed to the club before sneaking out the back door. I hope all other top drawer players we sign are honest too if we continue to fail as we have over the last 30 years.

Had we signed quality players to play with him at any point during those 4 years, we may have qualified for the CL and he'd probably have stayed. As it happens, he's been playing alongside the likes of Barkley, Naismith, Valencia, Mirallas and Kone for the last 4 years. Not even close to top 4 quality, as impressive as it makes his stats.

Hopefully we learn from this missed opportunity and finally invest like we actually want to be able to keep our future top quality players.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/everton-fc/transfers/verein/29 has some very precise figures for transfer fees.

Oviedo's sale, is the only one they don't have, but I'd guess that was £4/5M. Seems like we spent £73m and brought in around £55m, but we were in for other players too that didn't materialise. More money to spend in the future and Moshiri himself stated he'd cleared our debts and the fact we're moving so fast on a new stadium is all because of his presence. Even Raoila said 'Everton could win a title soon'.
So +£18m on transfers, not +£40m. Moshiri did state he had cleared the debt, then the club released figures that revealed that we in fact now owe Mr Moshiri £80m and still had £20m in unresolved third party debts. Raiola did say we could win a title, he also said that Rom was 99.999% there on signing a new contract and is frugal with the truth for a living.

Thats probably the reason we ONLY finished 7th, lack of attacking options meaning we have to play all derected for Lukaku.

Im hoping we replace him with more options that enable us to play differently, maybe a striker or 2 that actually brings our midfield into play.
We all hope that but 25 goals and six assists are not easy to replace. We should all be careful what we wish for.

Excellent
I totally agree, as a highly paid professional paid by Everton FC he should keep his gob shut. Gonna miss his goals but I can't think of an Everton player that was as good as he thinks he is that I dislike so much. In many ways it would be brilliant if no one comes in for him with a big enough offer and he has to come back to us for next year. Dent his ego some what.

Assuming we're going to let him go, I wish him all the best and thank him for 4 years of top service and having the balls/showing the respect to be honest and open about his ambitions and career goals from day one rather than take the easier option to feed us the occasional worthless BS quote about loving/being fully committed to the club before sneaking out the back door. I hope all other top drawer players we sign are honest too if we continue to fail as we have over the last 30 years.

Had we signed quality players to play with him at any point during those 4 years, we may have qualified for the CL and he'd probably have stayed. As it happens, he's been playing alongside the likes of Barkley, Naismith, Valencia, Mirallas and Kone for the last 4 years. Not even close to top 4 quality, as impressive as it makes his stats.

Hopefully we learn from this missed opportunity and finally invest like we actually want to be able to keep our future top quality players.

Have to take exception to that bit. He's been angling for a move for the past couple of years despite signing a contract in good faith. There's no reason why he couldn't give it another season then leave once the final year of his contract is approaching. He's got two years left and he's still young, no harm in doing so. Doing his usual thing of mouthing off to the Belgian press once he's on international duty is not what I'd call showing the club or fans respect. Will have to agree to disagree on that one.

He would of still left even if we got champs league. Arrogant get would have come up with another excuse!

Was great for us Rom, the day he signed on permanent was one of my best days ever as Everton fan. But he outgrew us and we didn't do enough over the last few years to build a team good enough for him.

Remember when Bale left Spurs, many fans thought they were screwed but the wise ones saw it as a new dawn and potential to rebuild. Yes not all signings were great in the insane couple of windows after but it was a turning point with proper financial support which we have now too.

Will miss Rom, think he's great on and off the pitch, smart guy for his age but anyone can see he needs to go to fulfill his potential, was same for Rooney.

Imagine how Rom would felt seeing Rooney come back this summer, having left to achieve everything in club football. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back