Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember how devo'd I was when we sold Big Dunc to the barcodes...

I'll be sad to see Rom go, but doubt I'll ever be that devo'd again about an Everton player leaving... and Rom is miles better!

Funny old game Football isn't it?

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Romelu Lukaku's 2015/16 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

*Reports every single person who has made a post in this thread since Sept 2015 for going off topic :coffee:

You meet a girl, she's beautiful, funny, intelligent, clever, the real deal.

The only problem is that she has a boyfriend.

After talking for a while, she stays the night. You know what you did was wrong, but it feels right.

She leaves him, and goes for you.

Time goes by, things are great, and then there's this new guy in work that she keeps banging on about.

3 months later, you look at her phone and it turns out they've banging for the past 2 weeks.

Romelu Lukaku.

Only 2 players in the last 25 years have scored 20 or more goals in a season for Everton.

He needs us more than we need him, right, RIGHT?
No, he doesn't. That is my point. Statements that we are going to be better without him are extremely optimistic imo. I have strong fears that we will struggle to replace those goals whether that be with one player or multiple players.

If a player sees his future away from Everton Football Club, then rightly or wrongly we need to sell them and sell them as quickly as possible for as much as possible.

I'd like to hear Everton come out and confirm if they are in talks with this so called club he says him and his agent are in talks with and tell us if they are miles off our valuation or if it will be concluded soon. If they say we aren't in discussions with anyone then fine the player for as much as possible and report the agent.

The quicker he's gone from this moment on the better imo.

We all hope that but 25 goals and six assists are not easy to replace. We should all be careful what we wish for.
Glad you're nowhere near running the club. Yes Lukaku was the best striker we've seen in some time. No one can seriously question that but the way you post it's almost as if you'd be glad to get a top half finish with how pessimistic you seem.

Let the window unfold. We're watching a play and you're treating the first act as the denouement.

*Reports every single person who has made a post in this thread since Sept 2015 for going off topic :coffee:

giphy.gif

Reactions: kev

You meet a girl, she's beautiful, funny, intelligent, clever, the real deal.

The only problem is that she has a boyfriend.

After talking for a while, she stays the night. You know what you did was wrong, but it feels right.

She leaves him, and goes for you.

Time goes by, things are great, and then there's this new guy in work that she keeps banging on about.

3 months later, you look at her phone and it turns out they've banging for the past 2 weeks.

Romelu Lukaku.

lol

Have to take exception to that bit. He's been angling for a move for the past couple of years despite signing a contract in good faith. There's no reason why he couldn't give it another season then leave once the final year of his contract is approaching. He's got two years left and he's still young, no harm in doing so. Doing his usual thing of mouthing off to the Belgian press once he's on international duty is not what I'd call showing the club or fans respect. Will have to agree to disagree on that one.

I'm sure your being an Evertonian and him being our top goalscorer 4 years running has has no bearing on your position here.

Try and look at it from the perspective of a 24 year old lad who has been smashing records in mid-table for 5 years, is almost halfway through an extremely short career, has completely paid his dues, is rightly fiercely ambitious and isn't an Evertonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back