Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better strikers have failed at Chelsea than Rom, both Torres and Shevchenko for starters.

We get 80-90m for him then bye bye

Overall Chelsea will be a poorer team with him playing over Costa.

In their prime it could be argued that both Torres and Shevchenko were both better forwards than RL is at this point in time the irony is neither of them in their careers bettered or indeed equaled his tally of 25 league goals in a season. As for failing at Chelsea both clearly were in decline when they went to Chelsea whereas I think it would be hard to argue that RL is at that point

As for him going to Chelsea that's highly likely will the fee be £70-£80 million ? Possibly but from what we have seen in terms of his antics both on and off the field will Chelsea be a poorer team if he is playing at Chelsea ? Time will tell but will Everton be a better team without him? I personally have no doubt that he will be missed far more than so many even get close to admitting.

I'd personally make him stay. Without him we will NOT finish in the top four. It will set us back years losing him. You simply cannot find strikers who score 25 premier league goals that would want to come here without CL football.

Is the 90m for the sale that important? It buys you Kyle Walker and Pickford these days, its nothing

Much rather we kept him for two years and made the top four. Club more interested in £££ than success

Not sure about making him stay as I truly believe that only ever ends in tears. But the rest of your comment is spot on

In their prime it could be argued that both Torres and Shevchenko were both better forwards than RL is at this point in time the irony is neither of them in their careers bettered or indeed equaled his tally of 25 league goals in a season. As for failing at Chelsea both clearly were in decline when they went to Chelsea whereas I think it would be hard to argue that RL is at that point

As for him going to Chelsea that's highly likely will the fee be £70-£80 million ? Possibly but from what we have seen in terms of his antics both on and off the field will Chelsea be a poorer team if he is playing at Chelsea ? Time will tell but will Everton be a better team without him? I personally have no doubt that he will be missed far more than so many even get close to admitting.

What I would say Conte is a very good manager and gets the best out of all his players.

I do think Rom could be in for a steep learning curve. Come will be lucky to last another year there anyhow as mad as that sounds.

City are going to mop it next year.

What I would say Conte is a very good manager and gets the best out of all his players.

I do think Rom could be in for a steep learning curve. Come will be lucky to last another year there anyhow as mad as that sounds.

City are going to mop it next year.
Especially if Roms shin control doesn't improve

Lukaku scored 25 in 37
Sheva scored 24 in 32 twice and 24 in 34 and 19 in 28 - a better striker rate all 4 times
Torres scored 24 in 33, 18 in 22 again both better strike rates than Rom

Costa is a much better all round player than Rom is, he fits the system better, and all the talk of Lukaku being held back by us is a joke, he is held back by Belgium because of service?

Heard the same moans about us selling Lineker too, guess what...

Lukaku scored 25 in 37
Sheva scored 24 in 32 twice and 24 in 34 and 19 in 28 - a better striker rate all 4 times
Torres scored 24 in 33, 18 in 22 again both better strike rates than Rom

Costa is a much better all round player than Rom is, he fits the system better, and all the talk of Lukaku being held back by us is a joke, he is held back by Belgium because of service?

Heard the same moans about us selling Lineker too, guess what...

Comparing Shevchenko to Lukaku is ridiculous. Not even comparable.

Comparing Shevchenko to Lukaku is ridiculous. Not even comparable.
Why can't you compare a footballer with another footballer who plays or played in the same position? Even if they are completely different you can still compare them, and the comparison is that they are completely different.

Lukaku is a player I've really enjoyed watching but if we get the sort of money that's being talked about we can fix our whole defence and gk problem. Midfield we are certainly ok. Then bring in Rooney for a short term 1-2 season fix. He will still score 20 pus for us. To me it seems so obvious , but I know full well some/many disagree with me. That's my view anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back