Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope we stick to our guns here if the right price isn't offered tell em to do one. Rom might be a smarmy git but he isn't daft enough type act like a womble during wc year

Really hope we stick to our guns here if the right price isn't offered tell em to do one. Rom might be a smarmy git but he isn't daft enough type act like a womble during wc year

I think the sale is already agreed, which is why we are spending money so early in the summer, it's like when Spurs agreed to sell Bale to Madrid and before it was announced, went out and spent all the money, getting new players in

I think the sale is already agreed, which is why we are spending money so early in the summer, it's like when Spurs agreed to sell Bale to Madrid and before it was announced, went out and spent all the money, getting new players in
Shame. With him as striker, our squad is looking real good.

Don't say that they bought all the wrong players not necessarily in the right order, too many midfielders- wasted all bales money in places - come good now under a different manager!

Chelsea have emerged as surprise contenders for Ronaldo, with owner Roman Abramovich ready to pay a world-record fee for the 32-year-old
Two things here. 1. If they get him, Rom's not going there...IMHO. 2. If he doesn't go there, we know Chelski have the cash, so we can hold out for the 100!

:p

Two things here. 1. If they get him, Rom's not going there...IMHO. 2. If he doesn't go there, we know Chelski have the cash, so we can hold out for the 100!

:p

Not sure about that. I don't doubt that RL wants out nor doI have any doubts that Chelsea want him

The problems start when you try to plot a path to that position.

Despite what so many suggest in terms of keeping him history suggests that if you keep a player against his wishes then that rarely does that work out well and yes I know all about it being a WC year but it's as much as to what happens off the field , around the training ground , and in particular when things aren't going well.

As the days progress we are seeing names being thrown out there as to which forwards Chelsea are considering. The Ronaldo thing is pie in the sky but stories such as them preparing to bid again for Morata and now today Lacazettes name is being mentioned and linked to thatose names are fees way below the £100 million it is reported that Everton want for RL.

One way or the other I can't see this ending well. It is abundantly clear that there aren't a long list of clubs that are considering RL as an option . It is abundantly clear that Chelsea aren't going to pay £100 million and to me it's clear that keeping RL although attractive to many would be a huge gamble and one that very few clubs would consider and with good reason.

Why? It would be in all parties interest to announce a done deal, as soon as it's done.

We get a clean break in the sense that we as fans aren't holding on to hopes that he'll stay the longer it goes on and they get their player.

And no, there isn't a sponsor or entity in this game that would stop this signing being announced.

There is. Chelsea change kit suppliers from Adidas to Nike on 1 July. Just about every signing these days includes the clubs shirt and reading reports it seems that Chelsea haven't even released pictures of their new kit yet. In truth the new sponsors would be fuming if they couldn't get i on the act and as you can't sign players till 1 July, you can only agree to sign them, then if this deal or indeed any other transfers in at Chelsea have been agreed you could understand the delayand in truth it's the buying club that trumpets an arrival the selling club at most do no more than issue a brief thankyou and good luck message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back