Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba was £89 million but is a level above Lukaku, he was not even that bad last season. And has done it regularly in the champions league!!!

Aubamayang is still just short of prime years, and easily World Class.

£65 million - £75 million is still too much for Rom...but is suspect that we will get.

I'm sorry Pabs. Pogba is not a level above Rom. Nowhere near.

They play in different positions, but their impact on games is the same. Pogba can create but Lukaku is a proven goalscorer - already - at the age of 24.

Aubameyang is 28. He's the definition of 'in his prime'. I assume you've watched a lot of him, as I have, and Aubameyang is a pure goalscorer, much like Lukaku. His impact elsewhere on the pitch is limited, but that's not his role so it's fine.

They play in different positions, but their impact on games is the same. Pogba can create but Lukaku is a proven goalscorer - already - at the age of 24.

Aubameyang is 28. He's the definition of 'in his prime'. I assume you've watched a lot of him, as I have, and Aubameyang is a pure goalscorer, much like Lukaku. His impact elsewhere on the pitch is limited, but that's not his role so it's fine.

There were two main reasons why Man Utd paid £89 million for Pogba. The first was that they had just secured the services of Mourino and one way or the other they had to make a statement signing. The second was that Juve were in a far stronger position than Everton find themselves in tha Pogba had said nothing about wanting out and Pogba was still in the protected period of his contract.
As for relative standards of the two players then sorry at the point of signing for Man Utd Pogba was rated as one of the top talents not just Europe but the world. You can't fast forward twelve months and apply the judgement based on his performance last season.
Chelsea aren't looking for potential they will be looking for players at the top of their game and immediate delivery so in a way the comparison you make between Aubameyang and Lukaku s the very nub of this argument . If however another CL club is in for him than maybe but are there any other potential suitors?

Set the bar high. If our competitors want our best player, hold out for top dollar.
Be wrong to 'give him away'. His value to Everton possibly is greater than his realistic value.
But so what? If other teams want him badly enough, they will come to a compromise.
And he will go. Some on here will be fine with that, some will seemingly not be.

He works much harder, links up better. He is a much better alround player.

Rom wants out, drives price down.

There were two main reasons why Man Utd paid £89 million for Pogba. The first was that they had just secured the services of Mourino and one way or the other they had to make a statement signing. The second was that Juve were in a far stronger position than Everton find themselves in tha Pogba had said nothing about wanting out and Pogba was still in the protected period of his contract.
As for relative standards of the two players then sorry at the point of signing for Man Utd Pogba was rated as one of the top talents not just Europe but the world. You can't fast forward twelve months and apply the judgement based on his performance last season.
Chelsea aren't looking for potential they will be looking for players at the top of their game and immediate delivery so in a way the comparison you make between Aubameyang and Lukaku s the very nub of this argument . If however another CL club is in for him than maybe but are there any other potential suitors?

There's a third reason why. They had to overpay to see off interest from R.Madrid.

Madrid wouldn't go above £70m for Pogba. United made sure they got their man by overpaying.

And right, I'm not disputing Pogba's talents. He's a very very good player.

But, so is Rom.

Rom is younger by a few months, and has scored over 100 goals in English football. He's proven at international level as well. Are you saying that Rom is not rated as one of the top talents in Europe (or the world - which is pointless as all the best players are in Europe anyway)?

I don't know why Chelsea seem so keen on Lukaku as to me he in no way fits Conte's system. But it doesn't take away the fact he's a very very good player.

He works much harder, links up better. He is a much better alround player.

Hahah

Pabbers mate, Auba gets slated for being 'lazy' in Germany.

At times his link up play is garbage. He's an awesome striker, and at this point better than Rom, but he's not the complete package either.

If I was Rom, which of course I am not :) if Bayern were genuinely interested I would be all over that.

Germany, nicer country, better climate, CL football for one of the super powers and a shed load of medals on top of a big fat salary, neighbouring Belgium and his homeland.

or PSG.

How we mention Carlton Pogba in the same forum as Rom is a complete mystery to me. Pogba really is a glorified version of Carlton Palmer and the Man Citeh fans have developed the nickname Carlton Pogba and it completely fits. He has not grabbed hold of a single game since he arrived and no matter what we overspent on Per Koldrup, it is nothing to what Manure have overpaid for Carlton.

Lukaku's value to Everton is 100m, if people don't pay, keep him. If they do pay, sell. No other discussion is of value to the blues.

How we mention Carlton Pogba in the same forum as Rom is a complete mystery to me. Pogba really is a glorified version of Carlton Palmer and the Man Citeh fans have developed the nickname Carlton Pogba and it completely fits. He has not grabbed hold of a single game since he arrived and no matter what we overspent on Per Koldrup, it is nothing to what Manure have overpaid for Carlton.

Lukaku's value to Everton is 100m, if people don't pay, keep him. If they do pay, sell. No other discussion is of value to the blues.

LOLZ

There's a third reason why. They had to overpay to see off interest from R.Madrid.

Madrid wouldn't go above £70m for Pogba. United made sure they got their man by overpaying.

And right, I'm not disputing Pogba's talents. He's a very very good player.

But, so is Rom.

Rom is younger by a few months, and has scored over 100 goals in English football. He's proven at international level as well. Are you saying that Rom is not rated as one of the top talents in Europe (or the world - which is pointless as all the best players are in Europe anyway)?

I don't know why Chelsea seem so keen on Lukaku as to me he in no way fits Conte's system. But it doesn't take away the fact he's a very very good player.[/QUOTE

Not quite sure about the £70m from Madrid but if it's as you say Man Utd overpaid because there were two clubs in for him it then became a sellers market. How many clubs do we think are in for RL?

As for top talent in Europe no I don't think he is considered in the top 20 talents in Europe he probably is in the top 20 strikers but from what little I know he doesn't seem to be attracting much, if any , interest from the top Eureopean clubs so that says something
As for fitting Contes system that's a reasonable point but I can't help but think that system was almost a hybrid designed more to fit the likes of Costa the pace they will have to counter and create should RL go there will be frightening. Costa is no slouch but no where near as fast or as clinical as RL.

Man Utd and Chelsea are looking at the Lewendowski situation according to one report. It may be complete BS, but
if it isn't you'd have to wonder where that leaves Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back