Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, I don't get why people are angry that we've set a world-record valuation on our best player, who has time left to run on his contract.

If sides want him that baldy, they'll pay it.

If not he stays and he has to be just as good if not better next season to ensure he gets his move after that.

I'm honestly going to be so sad to lose lukaku, you may all think he sulks and it's true. But just by him being on the pitch it opens up the game as he needs to be marked closely. We've not had a decent enough player on the pitch to capitalise on this and I think with the runs that klassen makes it would tear teams apart. Lukaku is far from the finished article and he's not got a long list of injuries like other players. His value is right up there I think

Still, I don't get why people are angry that we've set a world-record valuation on our best player, who has time left to run on his contract.

If not he stays and he has to be just as good if not better next season to ensure he gets his move after that.

I am not sure anyone is angry all I detect is posters trying to manage expectations by being realistic.

As for anyone paying a £100m or even close to it that's debatable but none of us have any idea what he was promised last year or indeed if the public statements are anything other than playing to the gallery.

But it's the last line of your posting that that for me is the real problem. Forcing a player to stay in reality rarely ends well. Try to relate that to your own life say at work how would you feel if you were told you couldn't work elsewhere . Think how you would well motivated you would or wouldn't be, how committed you would be to the cause and finally how you would interact with your colleagues.

My sentiments exactly, pay up or find somebody else.

And don't call me baldy.

I am not sure anyone is angry all I detect is posters trying to manage expectations by being realistic.

As for anyone paying a £100m or even close to it that's debatable but none of us have any idea what he was promised last year or indeed if the public statements are anything other than playing to the gallery.

But it's the last line of your posting that that for me is the real problem. Forcing a player to stay in reality rarely ends well. Try to relate that to your own life say at work how would you feel if you were told you couldn't work elsewhere . Think how you would well motivated you would or wouldn't be, how committed you would be to the cause and finally how you would interact with your colleagues.

But we wouldn't be 'forcing' him to stay.

The situation has been made abundantly clear for months. His agent has said as much.

If nobody matches our valuation - whatever that may be - then he's not going.

And it's different.

Rom needs to prove he's worth a move. Worth a big fee. He can only do that by maintaining the standards he's set - and improving on them.

I don't know. If they don't think he is not worthed it then move on and sign those who they think are better betters, I honestly do not give a hack. He can moan whatever he likes but this club won't just lower the fee to suit him and his new club. Good player can be bought with hard cash.
who? I can't think of one

But we wouldn't be 'forcing' him to stay.

The situation has been made abundantly clear for months. His agent has said as much.

If nobody matches our valuation - whatever that may be - then he's not going.

And it's different.

Rom needs to prove he's worth a move. Worth a big fee. He can only do that by maintaining the standards he's set - and improving on them.

...it's difficult to see him staying on his current contract as he's losing a small fortune. I appreciate Everton hold all the aces, I just wonder what will happen if a club fails to meet the valuation. I agree with @terraloon regarding what might have been promised and keeping unhappy players rarely works out for anybody.

If my boss was to offer me 5 million per year to stay loyal and not work elsewhere for the term of the contract I actually signed WITH MY OWN FAIR HAAANDS !!!!....er YEAH I would deffo stay loyal for the remainder of my contract....but I'm not a shallow husk of a man with no scruples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back