Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny how people act all moral when players have the temerity to want to get more money from their careers. The fact that they're already earning millions is irrelevant. There are people in Africa who don't have access to clean drinking water, but the average person in the UK would complain about only being paid the living wage. You have to look at the context of the situation. Lukaku is worth a lot more than we're currently paying him and we have shown no proof that we can meet his expectations in terms of achievements in football. We win sod all and we're rarely in Europe. We've no right to expect him to stay and no right to be offended if he looks to somebody who can offer those things.

If my boss was to offer me 5 million per year to stay loyal and not work elsewhere for the term of the contract I actually signed WITH MY OWN FAIR HAAANDS !!!!....er YEAH I would deffo stay loyal for the remainder of my contract....but I'm not a shallow husk of a man with no scruples.

So if another employer came along and offered £10 million pa you would say no?

It is funny how people act all moral when players have the temerity to want to get more money from their careers. The fact that they're already earning millions is irrelevant. There are people in Africa who don't have access to clean drinking water, but the average person in the UK would complain about only being paid the living wage. You have to look at the context of the situation. Lukaku is worth a lot more than we're currently paying him and we have shown no proof that we can meet his expectations in terms of achievements in football. We win sod all and we're rarely in Europe. We've no right to expect him to stay and no right to be offended if he looks to somebody who can offer those things.

In Rom's case it's not the money as he has cost himself near 3 million from not signing that contract. The money we are offering (150k if true) is also not a million miles away from what he would be paid elsewhere, I can't see someone paying him 200k yet as he has yet to prove he is not a bottler.

So fair play I believe he wants to leave to win stuff which is about as much as you can ask for, far better than some of the greedy gits around.

In Rom's case it's not the money as he has cost himself near 3 million from not signing that contract. The money we are offering (150k if true) is also not a million miles away from what he would be paid elsewhere, I can't see someone paying him 200k yet as he has yet to prove he is not a bottler.

So fair play I believe he wants to leave to win stuff which is about as much as you can ask for, far better than some of the greedy gits around.

Aye. He has been consistent in banging on about actually winning stuff/CL.

If he goes, for a decent fee, fair enough. Dats the game.

If he'd scored that pen .......he might have won something already !!!...(n)

If he'd scored that pen .......he might have won something already !!!...(n)

Unfortunately for us, quite possibly. That's sort of what I mean though, had umpteen chances in that semi, missed a header with the goal at his mercy against Wales in Euro 16 and did little else in that game.

He is a great goal scorer but when the pressure is on I don't know. He may get over that hurdle when there are others to help spread that load and he is accepted as a member of a top team with a few trophies already under his belt.

Unfortunately for us, quite possibly. That's sort of what I mean though, had umpteen chances in that semi, missed a header with the goal at his mercy against Wales in Euro 16 and did little else in that game.

He is a great goal scorer but when the pressure is on I don't know. He may get over that hurdle when there are others to help spread that load and he is accepted as a member of a top team with a few trophies already under his belt.
Underlines the difference between Rom and true greats > Rom wants to be Drogba MK2 rather than Lukaku Mk1.

'Kin'ell laa... Nice one for ruining our weekend. S'pose we are crap aren't we

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back