Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know on July 1st. If Chelsea announce the Nike deal and Lukaku is nowhere to be seen/heard, I'll assume he's staying

I hope we shut the "spending Lukaku money" crowd up.
shaq.gif

Last edited:
At the very best clubs you have to do more than just score goals

Agreed, but my view is that he does enough. So many people watch the pass to him, not the runs he makes when passes don't come, or the run that takes a defender away. He can certainly do more of that, but I don't want him tackling back on our 18 yard line or in midfield.

My point was that Moyes ruined decent strikers by expecting too many other things from them. Of course Bobby had no problems, because everyone was a striker and no-one was expected to defend.

Decent midfield coverage should overcome any deficiency in Lukaku's tracking back. Also, he was one of our best defenders from set piece corner plays last season, often heading the ball out to where I would have preferred him to be!

Agreed, but my view is that he does enough. So many people watch the pass to him, not the runs he makes when passes don't come, or the run that takes a defender away. He can certainly do more of that, but I don't want him tackling back on our 18 yard line or in midfield.

My point was that Moyes ruined decent strikers by expecting too many other things from them. Of course Bobby had no problems, because everyone was a striker and no-one was expected to defend.

Decent midfield coverage should overcome any deficiency in Lukaku's tracking back. Also, he was one of our best defenders from set piece corner plays last season, often heading the ball out to where I would have preferred him to be!

Don't think anyone's arsed about him tracking back or defending, more about his touch akin to a baby elephants or his inability to bully defenders on a regular basis despite the size of the fella.

I've said for a while rom is a world class goalscorer but an average footballer, for the life of me I can't see him slotting into one of the elite teams and lasting, away from the goals hes nowhere near the likes of Kane and Costa in what they bring to there sides

Start lashing cash down Bramley Moore way. Obviously to pipe Dave down a bit. ;)

Actually think personally we will spend 70-80m over what we bring in but can see both sides of people's opinion who think we won't as well mate.

As for lukaku think he's all but gone already. If United are gonna shell out 70m on a player like moratta then we'll get close to our asking price this summer.

Actually think personally we will spend 70-80m over what we bring in but can see both sides of people's opinion who think we won't as well mate.

As for lukaku think he's all but gone already. If United are gonna shell out 70m on a player like moratta then we'll get close to our asking price this summer.
Morata is better

In my little fantasy land we'd be wafting the Lukaku money under Madrid's nose for Morata. Well if i'm really wishing we'd be heading to the other Madrid for Griezmann!!

Yes, I know i'm dreaming!

As for Lukaku, i'm of the opinon he is gone and the deal has been done for some time. Little concerned about who we're getting in to replace him though, as excited as I am about Ramirez we're still going to be well short of attacking options. It also looks like Koeman is looking to spread the goalscoring around the team, with Klassen coming in and the rumours of Siggurdson.

He gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back