Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think anyone's arsed about him tracking back or defending, more about his touch akin to a baby elephants or his inability to bully defenders on a regular basis despite the size of the fella.

I've said for a while rom is a world class goalscorer but an average footballer, for the life of me I can't see him slotting into one of the elite teams and lasting, away from the goals hes nowhere near the likes of Kane and Costa in what they bring to there sides

I can just about put up with the dreadful touch, so long as he works on it. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. My biggest issue with him is that, with the odd exception, he disappears in the big games. He becomes timid and appears to blame others, rather than take responsibility (he's not the only one, of course). In the semi-final against United, he missed a penalty and fluffed a couple of opportunities early on, while Martial had one chance and scored from it. That seemed telling for me. We need players with the right mentality, as well as the right ability, and there's enough evidence to suggest he doesn't have it. On the other hand, he scores 20+ goals a season and even if he does do it against the weaker teams, they still have to be beaten. All in all, I want him to stay, but I wouldn't be heart-broken if he goes, like Spurs fans would be if Kane left. Same with Barkley. After all, there were six teams who did better than us without either of them.

Now you've admitted she's available for cash, can we negotiate how much?

Now hang on just a moment. Just because I said she could go for hypothetical 100 million, does not mean I'm not open to a swap deal. What have you got?

If he really wants to go that badly, he will put in a transfer request.

I think he's definitely the type if it comes down to it. I think we've made him the same promise we made Stones though, so I already think he's gone myself. Next week I expect it to be announced.

I can just about put up with the dreadful touch, so long as he works on it. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. My biggest issue with him is that, with the odd exception, he disappears in the big games. He becomes timid and appears to blame others, rather than take responsibility (he's not the only one, of course). In the semi-final against United, he missed a penalty and fluffed a couple of opportunities early on, while Martial had one chance and scored from it. That seemed telling for me. We need players with the right mentality, as well as the right ability, and there's enough evidence to suggest he doesn't have it. On the other hand, he scores 20+ goals a season and even if he does do it against the weaker teams, they still have to be beaten. All in all, I want him to stay, but I wouldn't be heart-broken if he goes, like Spurs fans would be if Kane left. Same with Barkley. After all, there were six teams who did better than us without either of them.

But he scored more goals against top 5 teams than any other player in the league last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back