Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

well it's the 1st July...Chelsea no doubt should be announcing signings and all is quiet on the Lukaku front... many saying it was done and would be announced today
Well that's another supposed reason we hadn't hear anything about Rom going.
"We wont hear anything until 1st. July then we will see Romelu in all his glory posing in the new Chelsea strip"
Anyone else get the feeling this is far from a done deal?

By all accounts neither Jose or Conte want him as their first.choice
Jose wants Morata and Conte wants Belotti
Will Rom sign for one of them knowing he is not the managers first choice
I'm hearing that too - that Conte isn't that keen on Lukaku. His other problem is finding somewhere for Costa, given his wage and the fact that he likes it at Chelsea. There was no mention of the China option.

It's suggested that Conte should try to mend his relationship with Costa, in
which case he has a proven Premier league striker and doesn't need to spend money for Lukaku, or Belloti, who is the other striker being considered.

My source is Gab Marcotti and he also says that Conte is unhappy with not having full control over transfers because 'they' aren't always prepared to -
amongst other things, spend the money on the players he wants.
This is Chelsea we're talking about. You know, Abramovich's club.

I mention this as a nudge to those who think that Everton/Moshiri will only spend money accrued from sales.

Btw, wouldn't it be funny if Rom and Ross stayed, for whatever reason? Well, at least we'd have the net spend that some of you are wishing for.

I'm hearing that too - that Conte isn't that keen on Lukaku. His other problem is finding somewhere for Costa, given his wage and the fact that he likes it at Chelsea. There was no mention of the China option.

It's suggested that Conte should try to mend his relationship with Costa, in
which case he has a proven Premier league striker and doesn't need to spend money for Lukaku, or Belloti, who is the other striker being considered.

My source is Gab Marcotti and he also says that Conte is unhappy with not having full control over transfers because 'they' aren't always prepared to -
amongst other things, spend the money on the players he wants.
This is Chelsea we're talking about. You know, Abramovich's club.

I mention this as a nudge to those who think that Everton/Moshiri will only spend money accrued from sales.

Btw, wouldn't it be funny if Rom and Ross stayed, for whatever reason? Well, at least we'd have the net spend that some of you are wishing for.

If your last paragraph came to pass I know of one poster who would have to be pulled off a ledge
I think it's a strong possibility.
I said a couple of months ago a gross spend of 120/130 m with a 90 m net spend is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back