Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
would the fact we're interested in bringing in a free transfer/loan of rooney, not indicate we still don't know if rom is going? We need two more strikers imo, maybe the club only thinks one more with sandro there, so surely if we were amendment we'd be selling rom, we'd be lining up two very big money strikers and not really looking at a cheap option?

The thing about Rom is he's never respected our club. We gave him a platform spent good money on him and he's acted the BIG I AM the entire time.You could say the best players are arrogant but have some respect.l for the club you are at. Great finisher on his day but he still has flaws in his game and doesn't work hard enough. I say take the money and buy someone who will die for our great club this lad is pure mercenary.

I've always been sure that we had a wink/nod agreement w/ Rom that if bigger clubs came calling and he wanted to go we'd oblige. So I have no problem with him wanting to move on. He served us well and scored more goals than probably most of us were expecting. However for all the money we are spending what good is it going to if we pack him up and send him to a club we'll be competeting for a top 4 spot with? Man Utd will have serious problems next year if they go into next season having to break in another striker from another league and a bunch of unproven young attacking players. Do what Levy would do, and that's send him over to PSG or Juve, even if it costs you a couple million unless you think that Spurs have an easier chance at the title if Mordric is on City and Bale is at Chelsea/Man Utd.

Even sending him to Chelsea is a serious mistake. Yes Chelsea looks to be far ahead of us right now but they are far from a superclub and what if they lose Costa and/or Hazard in the offseason? Chelsea could just as easily be dragged down in the 4-7th place muck if there aren't clubs willing to help them out.

If Utd getting Rom is part of the price of getting Rooney, then I don't want Rooney. We're doing them a favor taking Wayne off their hands.

He played Left wing under lvg in which he had best season of his career.

Mate, he may well have scored two more league goals in that season than than his last at monaco, however if you think he is better suited as a left winger rather than a centre forward then frankly it does not surprise me you are a Manchester United fan. Make of that what you will.

He has been a victim of the recent trend of young centre forwards being stuck out wide by managers to ill effect, or at the very least to greatly reduce their potential return. From an Everton point of view I can see sandro perhaps being another victim of such a trend.

Mate, he may well have scored two more league goals in that season than than his last at monaco, however if you think he is better suited as a left winger rather than a centre forward then frankly it does not surprise me you are a Manchester United fan. Make of that what you will.

He has been a victim of the recent trend of young centre forwards being stuck out wide by managers to ill effect, or at the very least to greatly reduce their potential return. From an Everton point of view I can see sandro perhaps being another victim of such a trend.

Mate unlike you I watch him regularly he struggles upfront big time and lacks so many a few things. Van Gaal moved him wide due to this, he also rarely played upfront for Monaco it was only due to injury for Berbatov he played there. He can play there but its not his position like you're making out. He's more comfortable wide and better there too.

I've always been sure that we had a wink/nod agreement w/ Rom that if bigger clubs came calling and he wanted to go we'd oblige. So I have no problem with him wanting to move on. He served us well and scored more goals than probably most of us were expecting. However for all the money we are spending what good is it going to if we pack him up and send him to a club we'll be competeting for a top 4 spot with? Man Utd will have serious problems next year if they go into next season having to break in another striker from another league and a bunch of unproven young attacking players. Do what Levy would do, and that's send him over to PSG or Juve, even if it costs you a couple million unless you think that Spurs have an easier chance at the title if Mordric is on City and Bale is at Chelsea/Man Utd.

Even sending him to Chelsea is a serious mistake. Yes Chelsea looks to be far ahead of us right now but they are far from a superclub and what if they lose Costa and/or Hazard in the offseason? Chelsea could just as easily be dragged down in the 4-7th place muck if there aren't clubs willing to help them out.

If Utd getting Rom is part of the price of getting Rooney, then I don't want Rooney. We're doing them a favor taking Wayne off their hands.
To be honest I will be glad when he's gone just so we don't have to hear from him anymore about how much better he is than everton. He's been a great player for us, it would all be a lot more amicable though if he'd show a little respect and not put down the club at every opportunity he gets. Think most people are fed up of hearing it from him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back