Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a possibility, can't see us getting much from our next two matches, and, if we do, it'd be a bonus.

However, we're on 20 points and we then have Hull and Leicester to play which ( I think ) would take us to the half way stage. Get there with ( say ) 25 points on the board and you're not in a relegation fight.
To be fair, it's hard to see where the next win is going to come from, but some people didn't want Koeman here in the first place, so, while they don't want us to lose, there is a silver lining in any losses for them.

Defo, it's an awful run we're on, and it's his job to sort it out.
both hull and Leicester are away games, which is where we have been particularly poor. I see a max of 2/3 points from those games.

It's a possibility, can't see us getting much from our next two matches, and, if we do, it'd be a bonus.

However, we're on 20 points and we then have Hull and Leicester to play which ( I think ) would take us to the half way stage. Get there with ( say ) 25 points on the board and you're not in a relegation fight. To be fair, it's hard to see where the next win is going to come from, but some people didn't want Koeman here in the first place, so, while they don't want us to lose, there is a silver lining in any losses for them.

Defo, it's an awful run we're on, and it's his job to sort it out.
Sorry mate. Whilst I agree with a good bit of your post, how can anyone look at us beating anyone the way we are playing.
Suggesting we can beat Hull for instance borders on arrogance.

This squad is a proven midtable coup with weak mentality so the only way to improve is to get a new team in. Of course it does not help when Koeman just stick with the same crap every week and only play the best football in the last 10 mins with 2 strikers up front.

So why doesn't Koeman see that mate and start games with 2 strikers up front?

both hull and Leicester are away games, which is where we have been particularly poor. I see a max of 2/3 points from those games.

At this moment in time I'm struggling, possibly for the first time ever on GOT, to disagree with you !

Sorry mate. Whilst I agree with a good bit of your post, how can anyone look at us beating anyone the way we are playing.
Suggesting we can beat Hull for instance borders on arrogance.

I wasn't saying we would, I was saying if we got that number of points then we wouldn't look like we were in the relegation zone.
We can beat Hull and we can beat Leicester, but, on current form, we wouldn't. Hence Koeman has a lot of work to do this month.

Needs to swallow his God dammed pride the fat headed tit and do the following: 442, Davies & Holgate in, NEVER, EVER, play Mccarthy, Cleverley, mirallas again. Start showing he cares. Chase half the squad out the door. And if he can't get results and/or improve the play do one.

Needs to swallow his God dammed pride the fat headed tit and do the following: 442, Davies & Holgate in, NEVER, EVER, play Mccarthy, Cleverley, mirallas again. Start showing he cares. Chase half the squad out the door. And if he can't get results and/or improve the play do one.

At least shall try to change and see if it works better. The current tactics and fomation are not working.

Why can't Davies even make the bench?
Seems Koeman is in a minority of one who doesn't rate the lad.

So why doesn't Koeman see that mate and start games with 2 strikers up front?
Why did Martinez labour on so long with an approach that became doomed? Quite simply, single mindedness and a stubborn belief in a doctrine.

Or perhaps it's because 4-4-2 is still the taboo of modern English football; a system that has became seen as the anti-Christ to a new doctrine.

Whatever it is, it's incredibly frustrating. I'm not advocating using it in the medium to long term, however in the short term it's worth the risk.

4-2-3-1 or however people want to label it simply isn't working for us and hasn't for quite the while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back