Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Martinez labour on so long with an approach that became doomed? Quite simply, a single mindedness and stubborn belief in a doctrine.

Or perhaps it's because 4-4-2 is still the taboo of modern English football; a system that has became seen as the anti-Christ to a new doctrine.

Whatever it is, it's incredibly frustrating. I'm not advocating using it in the medium to long term, however in the short term it's worth the risk.

4-2-3-1 or however people want to label it simply isn't working for us and hasn't for quite the while now.

Foe X amount of minutes in games Lukaku looks hopeless on his own up front, Valencia comes on and Lukaku looks like a different player, Koemans you would think can see this.

Why did Martinez labour on so long with an approach that became doomed? Quite simply, single mindedness and a stubborn belief in a doctrine.

Or perhaps it's because 4-4-2 is still the taboo of modern English football; a system that has became seen as the anti-Christ to a new doctrine.

Whatever it is, it's incredibly frustrating. I'm not advocating using it in the medium to long term, however in the short term it's worth the risk.

4-2-3-1 or however people want to label it simply isn't working for us and hasn't for quite the while now.

Ironically we play with more freedom when a second forward comes on, yet it's never a starter.

I forsee a 3-5-2 coming into play soon

Why did Martinez labour on so long with an approach that became doomed? Quite simply, single mindedness and a stubborn belief in a doctrine.

Been sticked with this for more than 3 years. Did Moyes play this towards the end of his time here too? Or do we have the players who can accommodate any other formations?

Its one that make one ponder isnt it?

rodin_theThinker.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back