Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the unpopular topic of actually talking about Koeman in this thread, my hope is that this Arsenal game is evidence of the difference between Koeman and Martinez. Martinez steadfastly refused to change anything for 2 years. I think Koeman's success or failure will be on his willingness to change, admit things arent working, and find what is. Lets face it, everyone falls on their face from time to time, but those that succeed are the ones who dont just say "This is fine".

Haven't got too involved in the Everton forum recently as it's become a bit of a circus imo, but that's not for in here

For what it's worth, despite the fact I could only watch on tv rather than be there, that Arsenal win is the most I've enjoyed an Everton match in a long time - I'm still buzzing off it now - and I think, based on the noise of the crowd, a lot of people agree with me. For the majority of the game, we combined good football, with no nonsense when required but the best bit was the sheer effort and determination to get the ball back asap. I must have shouted the phrase 'that's it! Get into them!' 20 odd times and if we can replicate that more often than not then we will be challenging for a European place.

What excites me the most? That's how Koeman wants us to play every week and it showed that we can. We won't be able to maintain it every match, but with a couple more (much needed) additions next month, we've got the basis of a side who can give anyone a game.

More of Tuesday night please

Monday will be a test of the players heads, will they rise to the occasion or crumble like they have in the last two years.

The is no reason why we can't beat these and for me it looks like the stars are aligning.

~
Derby at night under the lights.
Solid win against a team we have a poor record with the previous week (Arsenal)
Real chance to build a platform to make our season
~

For me Koeman and Dunc need too tell these players losing isn't an option, this is the only thing they need to tell them this week.

In my opinion the has been a knife to gunfight mentality before moyes and what may elevate Koeman to a level Martinez and Moyes never reached is the ability to demand a win against anyone.

Time will tell COYB.

Monday will be a test of the players heads, will they rise to the occasion or crumble like they have in the last two years.

The is no reason why we can't beat these and for me it looks like the stars are aligning.

~
Derby at night under the lights.
Solid win against a team we have a poor record with the previous week (Arsenal)
Real chance to build a platform to make our season
~

For me Koeman and Dunc need too tell these players losing isn't an option, this is the only thing they need to tell them this week.

In my opinion the has been a knife to gunfight mentality before moyes and what may elevate Koeman to a level Martinez and Moyes never reached is the ability to demand a win against anyone.

Time will tell COYB.

I don't think Dunc actually does anything mate.

He's a total legend, but at this point I've yet to see him have any visible effect on the squad other than doing keepie-uppies at half-time and putting the cones out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back